Lost Sunglasses

Lone_Ranger

I managed to lose my sunglasses at Tokai on Sunday afternoon. If anybody picked up a pair of sunglasses, probably on the section of trail between the top of Vasbyt and the quarry, I'd really appreciate it if you could get in touch.

Thanks

Good luck!

Bit of a fishing expedition I'm afraid. Just really annoyed at myself for losing them :cursing: :oops: . Thanks for the good luck wishes Vetseun, gonna need it to find them.

I was up and down there for a couple of hours on Monday and again for a while today, didn't see anything unfortunately. Will keep an eye out next time I'm there.

I also managed to lose something there today, my already small amount of pride as I managed yet another over the bars special halfway down. Somewhere in the catastrophy that was my attempt at a small drop off I snapped off my derailer, which took revenge by savaging my spokes.

If anybody finds any remnants of my shattered ego up there please let me know as I really need it back.

Oh well off to the bike shop tomorrow to find out how much this is going to hurt my wallet.

Edited by marko35s

I was up and down there for a couple of hours on Monday and again for a while today, didn't see anything unfortunately. Will keep an eye out next time I'm there.

I also managed to lose something there today, my already small amount of pride as I managed yet another over the bars special halfway down. Somewhere in the catastrophy that was my attempt at a small drop off I snapped off my derailer, which took revenge by savaging my spokes.

If anybody finds any remnants of my shattered ego up there please let me know as I really need it back.

Oh well off to the bike shop tomorrow to find out how much this is going to hurt my wallet.

You might find your shattered ego if you search for it with your humour glasses, which still seem intact.

Why not just replace rd rtc with second hand stuff?

You might find your shattered ego if you search for it with your humour glasses, which still seem intact.

Why not just replace rd rtc with second hand stuff?

To be honest I will first try my default action of visiting the lbs and looking pathetic, if that doesn't work then I will try and hunt down something used.

To be honest I will first try my default action of visiting the lbs and looking pathetic, if that doesn't work then I will try and hunt down something used.

Just don't go to cycle lab dude. Rather go to trail and tar or epic bike shop. Much better service and pricing.

Edit: btw. You driving an older defender now? Thought I saw you at the arboretum. I was the dude in the full face helmet as you were driving out.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Just don't go to cycle lab dude. Rather go to trail and tar or epic bike shop. Much better service and pricing.

Edit: btw. You driving an older defender now? Thought I saw you at the arboretum. I was the dude in the full face helmet as you were driving out.

Nah, he was in the Disco, no mistaking that V8!

Ed: Oh, no glasses from the bridge down Lone Ranger. Worked that area stukkend yesterday!

Edited by Pain or shine

Yep that was me by the sounds of it.

That's a classic Discovery btw, older? Pfftt... :clap:

I will take the bike to a guy I know in Muizenberg and see if he can help, he has always been helpful in the past.

Yep that was me by the sounds of it.

That's a classic Discovery btw, older? Pfftt... :clap:

I will take the bike to a guy I know in Muizenberg and see if he can help, he has always been helpful in the past.

Awesome. And yeah, it is a classic Discovery. The first incarnation, isn't it?

Anyway - legend engines. But as you say, they eat petrol faster than a fat kid demolishes the store of chocolate sprinkles at a cupcake factory

Anyway - legend engines. But as you say, they eat petrol faster than a fat kid demolishes the store of chocolate sprinkles at a cupcake factory

Augustus Gloop?

It is one of the first ones.

I got it after getting sick of damaging expensive cars doing daft things and I decided I would rather have a car that I didn't mind scratching and denting. Then the bugger went and grew on me and we have been all over the place in it.

Currently costing me around R2.30 per km in petrol costs alone...