Problems mounting tyres

Neanderthal

I'm having problems mounting Maxxis tyres on the Syncros wheels I got with my scott scale.

Rims were converted to tubeless and I'm using Maxxi icons.

I've used maxxis before with no problem, so I'm assuming these rims are not the best.?? Wondering if someone have had the same problem

Hi,

Have you tried seating the tyre with the valve core removed? Worked a treat on a tyre that just wouldn't seat for hours. Popped in there so fast with the valve core removed, and then it was easy from there.

Hi,

Have you tried seating the tyre with the valve core removed? Worked a treat on a tyre that just wouldn't seat for hours. Popped in there so fast with the valve core removed, and then it was easy from there.

Good advice

Good advice

Questions is though, by mounting does he mean getting the tyre onto the rim or seating it once on. Sounds like it's the former?

Questions is though, by mounting does he mean getting the tyre onto the rim or seating it once on. Sounds like it's the former?

So true. Getting it onto the rim = patience and a few broken tyre leavers. Rather take it to your LBS they can break thier tyre levers Edited by Vetseun

I don't think he means putting the tire on the rim. I think its the seating that's the problem. We have had problems seating my father's tires onto the syncros wheels - we use specialized tires - the tires go very easily onto the rim, and we need to use either a compressor or CO2 bomb to get the tire to seat. don't have the same problem getting the same specialized tires onto stan's wheels - so must be the Syncros rims

I have the same problem with my dt swiss 445d rims on my specialized rockhopper - the Specialized tires go on easily (don't need tire leavers) and need a very sharp blast of air to get it to seat.

Try having someone lightly pulling the tire outwards, to try to guide the bead of the tire onto the lip of the rim, while you are pumping.

Some soapy water splashed on the bead always helps create a sort of seal to start the tyre inflating and allows the bead to snap onto the rim once the tyre takes air and the pressure gets up. Removing the core is also a good move