HAKAHANA TRAILS

HAKAHANA TRAILS

Hey Johan Greg here.

Tough yes I can vouch for that. I was hammered on Sunday but I am ready for this Sunday. Hope it's cooler this week than it was last Sunday.

See you then.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant wait, need some new trails with a bit of distance, I hate laps

Cant wait, need some new trails with a bit of distance, I hate laps

me too. thats why Hakahana Trails comprises of 5 different routes. You choose the configuration.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't Forget!!!

Hakahana Trails opening to the Public this weekend (12/13 October). Total 45km/1050m elev available with another 23km coming online shortly. All routes are clearly marked. Secure parking, Food, refreshments and coffee will be served. Spread the word. R40/rider single-entry, or R30(x10 tickets) multiple-entry. See you there!

HAKAHANA TRAILS - NEW TRAILS VENUE - GAUTENG.

Hakahana Trails will be opening to the Public on 12th October 2013 for weekends & public holidays. (The weekend after Nissan Trailseeker 4 - HAKAHANA).

We have spent the last 9 months (in fact 2,5 years) negotiating with landowners and building sublime single-track. We will open with 5 routes of varying distance and technical challenge. All routes are clearly marked. Total distance of the routes is 65km with max 1500m elev. Riding is safe, mostly on private land (51 Landowners in agreement). We need to all respect this. Access cards will be available at Hakahana Trails gate. R25/ride (10x25) multiple-entry or R30/ride single-entry. Excellent Coffee and Healthy Food available. We don't yet have spares, but working on it...

NO BIKE - NO ENTRY / NO HELMET - NO RIDE

Check out Hakahana Trails on FB and www.hakahanatrails.co.za

Johan Vorster

Revised our prices. Come enjoy!

I have just been onto your website.

Definitely one of the better mtb websites. Thumbs up that one can actually see the routes as you can plan.

One can see thought has gone into it.

We went there last Saturday and I can't see that that would be a problem. The staff were friendly and there was place to sit as well as eats and drinks.

Worth a visit.

No bike no ride. So my girlfriend can't just come along for the outing?

Of course she can!!! We are family friendly. 'No bike-no ride' is for security purposes. We have now created a visitors parking area for those without bikes.

We went there last Saturday and I can't see that that would be a problem. The staff were friendly and there was place to sit as well as eats and drinks.

Worth a visit.

Hey Johan

Well done, a lot of time, effort & dedication has obviously gone into this venture. We were there for the Trailseeker and it really was "right up there :clap: ".

Also have to agree with a previous poster, your website is excellent, and hopefully it will set a precedent :whistling: ,

some advice tho', let people know that they are welcome to bring their "significant others / hangers on" to the venue to partake in the good food & other amenities on offer (I am assuming? - maybe add to the website?) - the "No Bike No entry" needs to be clarified

May you go from strength to strength - great Venue!

Will be back with plenty others

Planning to go on Sunday. Any suggestion on how to put the routes in order for a 2,5h 60km ride? Will be alone so dont want to test my marginal tech skills too much in case I run out of talent. If I am there at 6 - will I be able to pay, get advise and be pointed in th right direction?

Planning to go on Sunday. Any suggestion on how to put the routes in order for a 2,5h 60km ride? Will be alone so dont want to test my marginal tech skills too much in case I run out of talent. If I am there at 6 - will I be able to pay, get advise and be pointed in th right direction?

Thats great! Suggest you do Blue, Black Red and Green. (Orange not yet marked). Thats still seriously a good ride. Will feel like 60k! Also you can make a call before dropping off into the Kloof (Red) if you not feeling too strong. And yes 6am entry. I will be there, plus reference maps on the walls. All routes are clearly marked.

These guys have a good thing going. Just looking at their posts on here we are dealing with a good venture

Archived