Bicycling 24HR & 6HR - 7th and 8th December

LensMan

Freakin ouch...you may act like a baby, but buckets of respect for pushing so hard.

Next time remember you must look after your bum like a baby. Damp skin and friction is a recipe for severe chafing and skin irritation.

One of my mates brought milking cream along. Worked wonders on Sunday morning!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BUNCH OF GIRLS......oh wait :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

kidding i still say carpet is tougher than most okes i KNOW

Sorry to disappoint you Dips. It turned out that I'm not that hard at all.

Freakin ouch...you may act like a baby, but buckets of respect for pushing so hard.

Next time remember you must look after your bum like a baby. Damp skin and friction is a recipe for severe chafing and skin irritation.

1. Keep areas in question dry and clean....use baby wipes with Aloe Vera and Lanolin after every ride. Wipe clean.

2. Apply in liberal amounts either baby powder or alternatively Ingrams camphor cream.

3. Between rides no thight fitting undies.....go natural....wear nice baggy pants that will allow good ventilation.

4. Chamois cream is your friend on the next ride....together with dry cycling pants (but that is old news).

5. KY Jellie for less friction....????

Camphor cream great remedy to heal broken skin....stings like hell though.

Thanks for the tips BarHugger.

I have never ever in my life chafed like this and I have done plenty of long rides.

I also never use any type of shammy cream as I have never needed it before.

I did put on some baby fissan paste at night but by that time it was already to late.

Tyd vir Carpet om 'n baba te kry sodat sy kan leer om na 'brandboudjies ' om te sien....

Lots of respect Carpet.

Hope you are back on the bike soon!

In your dreams only Agteros.

Carpet a baby ... I don't think so.

In your dreams only Agteros.

Carpet a baby ... I don't think so.

I'm too old to play dad once again. No dreams about daddy second time here ;)

But babies are life changing (for tje better)... and they do add a lot of perspective ;)

Sorry to disappoint you Dips. It turned out that I'm not that hard at all.

You MORE THAN TOUGH ENOUGH

What happened to the 24 hour food? I went home hungry..

Ya. Pizza e vino with no pizza. Until 10. At least keep the coffee going through the night.

What happened to the 24 hour food? I went home hungry..

That was the EPIC FAIL LAST YEAR, Eric is a great oKE, best trail builder, ORGANIZER NOT SOOOO MUCH

Dips, you can't blame Eric, he doesn't organise the 24hr.

That rests squarely on Dimtri's shoulders and also why we didn't enter this year. Saddens me to see that despite all the criticism last year, they had similar problems this year.

Thats why I take a skottel and stuff. We ate like champs and had a AWESOME time.

Dimitri even had breakfast with us because the sponsors let him down.

He goes out of his way to try and organise and then the people who get on board can't follow through.

Dimitri even had breakfast with us because the sponsors let him down.

He goes out of his way to try and organise and then the people who get on board can't follow through.

Exactly. Not his fault. I think he, his brother, Glen and all who is involved with the organisation do a sterling job. It is a pitty they got let down by Pizza and vino or whatever their name is. Most okes I saw were cooking their own chow any way. Any way like I said I had such an awesome time and can't wait for next year!

Jeesh Carpet!! hope you heal up soon.. that looks so painful!! I had a blast.... only did 1 night ride then opted for the comfort of a hot shower and bed (but not before I did a Wimpy run for some food and choc milk). Got my 10 laps in so happy. The guys out on the trail were awesome... thanks! Awesome event 9bar the really poor catering again... eish.. will be back next year for sure!

Well done to all the winners.... especially the solo peeps... WOW!!

Next stop - Rosemary Hill 24hour.....!!