2013 Road World Champs

igknot

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15:35:22 CEST

The latest GPS information suggests that Martin is in fact 8 seconds ahead of Cancellara. Wiggins is 32 seconds down on Martin, while Phinney is 43 seconds down, but I repeat, these are not official time checks.

15:36:41 CEST

Phinney comes through the 24km check with the second best time so far, but he's all of 20 seconds down on Kiryienka, which suggests he is already losing signifant ground to both Cancellara and Martin.

15:38:23 CEST

Wiggins comes through 24.1km with the second best time so far, 3 seconds behind Kiryienka, last year's surprise bronze medallist.

Cancellara, Wiggins and Martin all look smooth and comfortable in their tuck positions, but there are no points for style here - the clock is the only arbiter that counts.

15:39:05 CEST

At the same point, Cancellara is 20 seconds up on Kiryienka and 24 ahead of Wiggins...

15:40:44 CEST

Tony Martin averages 52.6kph through the first 24.1 kilometres. The German is already 13 seconds up on Cancellara, 34 ahead of Kiryienka, 37 ahead of Wiggins and 55 up on Phinney.

15:46:20 CEST

A notable feature of today's time trial is how many riders have been fading over the final 15 kilometres of the test, but neither Cancellara nor Martin are showing any signs of flagging thus far.