Time vs Eggbeater/Candy vs Look

Massimo

Egg beaters for me all the way. thousands of k's without a single thought....but this is probably one of those choices where you need to make you own mind up.

Edited by Lefty V

No matter how much mud, never a issue, they also take a beating really well

They are moer tough. You dont have to look after them, they can take punishment.

Egg beaters for me all the way. thousands of k's without a single thought....but this is probably one of those choices where you need to make you own mind up.

You have hit the nail on the head. Whatever works for you. That is all that matters

Thanks for the replies guys. Reason why I'm asking I used to use time when I was professional 11 years ago. Back on the mtb this year. I pulled ligaments while racing motocross and struggle with my Achilles tendon. So looking maybe for something with more foot on pedal. I have eggbeaters at the moment. Nothing wrong with them. Just find them clipping out very easy and allot of movement while riding.

Thanks for the replies guys. Reason why I'm asking I used to use time when I was professional 11 years ago. Back on the mtb this year. I pulled ligaments while racing motocross and struggle with my Achilles tendon. So looking maybe for something with more foot on pedal. I have eggbeaters at the moment. Nothing wrong with them. Just find them clipping out very easy and allot of movement while riding.

Are you sure your cleats are not worn?

You do know that there are two ways you can place the cleats - 1 way for easy access, the other way holds the shoe in more firmly.

I also took up MTB after injuring my knee in Motocross/Enduro racing.

Hey nickc thanks I never knew that. Well a friend of mine is buying them from me so I can upgrade while I'm at it. I am leaning towards the time ATAC XC 8 Carbon. Yeah the motocross hurt my ankle real bad and also had pins removed from a previous Mx injury but that one is good but I can still cycle but sometime suffer after the ride.

Done Candy

Done Look

Havent done time.( jail or pedals)

Look for me all the way.

Look ,,,all my bikes run look no issues never ever, I like the quartz , no adjustment, no repairs they have never failed me

Vetseun, haven't seen you in real life, but will Look for you all the way ;-)

Have to agree on the Look Quartz MTB pedals. Tough as nails and mine have taken some seeeeriaaas knocks against rocks. No maintenace or adjustments needed, just easy cleaning. No clogging up with mud and grass. Clip-in is easy and have done a easy clip-out midway through Superman impression. Nice broad supports for contact with shoes. Also, cheaper than Candy (R800).

Only gripe with the Look Quartz is that they use a plastic type of spindle retaining nut. Have twice had the pedal dislodge when climbing hard and standing. Plastic nut and pedal threads not that secure. Fixed the problem with some LOCTITE application. No problem since. Apparently the new range of Look pedals even better.

Hey nickc thanks I never knew that. Well a friend of mine is buying them from me so I can upgrade while I'm at it. I am leaning towards the time ATAC XC 8 Carbon. Yeah the motocross hurt my ankle real bad and also had pins removed from a previous Mx injury but that one is good but I can still cycle but sometime suffer after the ride.

Cool - Welcome to the hub and glad you can enjoy off road on your MTB.