Berg and Bush 2013

Ratty

Also left this one a bit late. There's nothing available for the descent closer than winterton or harrismith, so I'm planning on camping at the ATKV or even at the start if they'll let me.

Harrismith is not to bad its about 20kms from the start.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any how I am way behind in training, suppose the Crater Cruise the weekend before will be seen as final preparation then :whistling: Now all I need to do is just finish the damn Crater Cruise. :blush:

Thanks Ratty for the info earlier on the thread.

Does anyone know whether you are allowed to camp at the start of the Great Trek? Have left all this to the last minute as usual.

really?

so we can sleep in our tent on the fri we arrive?

So the link says. :whistling:

My husband also did the 2day last year and they slept in their tents at the race village the Friday night.

If you have a look-see at race info you'll also see Friday nights supper is included :clap:

yup, arrive friday night, have dinner at Emseni, sleep in your team tent on the banks of the Tugela, ride sat, eat, chill sleep, ride sunday, eat, head home - awesome weekend, cant wait.

Sooooo jelas, longdrop pass is without a doubt the most awesome piece of singltrack i have ever ridden....and that includes the mighty umko

Edited by rouxtjie

Does anyone know whether you are allowed to camp at the start of the Great Trek? Have left all this to the last minute as usual.

I don't think so, but best to email the organisers. Think others mentioned you can camp at registration (Drakensville). You can also buy supper there.

So, who all on the hub is doing the Berg and Bush this year? Which event are you doing?

I'm back for the 2nd time. Last year did the Great Trek, this year doing the Descent (dates worked better, I actually would have preferred to be in the more chilled event).

3 WEEKS TO GO !!!!!

Ditto.

Last yre the Trek was great - no queues, very little holdups anywhere on the track AND we each got our own tent!!!!! Still looking forward to the descent though.

Not sure you want to camp there - there is F-all there. Rather camp at the registration or give the Back Packers down the road a call ( 082 855 9767) they might have camp sites - not sure.

Right so which one of you will be pushing me up Spionkop?? :w00t:

Perhaps they should install a winch or something to assist me getting up it.. now that's an idea. :ph34r:

Not sure you want to camp there - there is F-all there. Rather camp at the registration or give the Back Packers down the road a call ( 082 855 9767) they might have camp sites - not sure.

Thanks....other than SSWC2012 which I can't remember at all I'm not too familiar with the area.

Doing the Descent for 1st time.

Taking the wives with to clean kit and bikes prepare food and do massages etc etc.

Booked a chalet at Sterkfontein Dam for the start - hope they okay being a municipal resort an all :eek:

Wives will drive cars to Winterton and get next 2 nights set up at a farmhouse we booked in Winterton.

Us Masters do it in style, will leave the tent thingy to the racing snakes.

So, who all on the hub is doing the Berg and Bush this year? Which event are you doing?

I'm back for the 2nd time. Last year did the Great Trek, this year doing the Descent (dates worked better, I actually would have preferred to be in the more chilled event).

3 WEEKS TO GO !!!!!

My first time and I'm doing the descent. Any tips? Heard it gets hot out there.

I'm glad to hear, i was a little disappointed with S2c this year compared to last year. Not the ride, but the riders that rode. I can't wait for Day 1, i was super excited about it from when they introduced it a few years back and some say the best day on the saddle in SA!!

What was wrong with the riders at the S2C? Was my first time and I loved it.