[Event] Spur MTB Classic

Dirtopia MTB Events

Some of my shots i took today!

Beautiful farm that, my folks stayed there for 4years on the farm! Nice pics photos thx Meezo!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly beautiful race. Really makes me appreciate how lucky we are in the Western Cape. 45 minutes from my front door, and we'e riding in that splendour. Absolutely awesome!!!!

Great race, except that I found out the hard way the XX1 might work for me. Got stuck on the big chainring in front cos of mud, so had to get out of my seat and really work on some uphills. My big chainring is 44T, so I was turning over some serious gears from about 35km to 45km. Sorted itself out after that. After that it was just "Hou bene Hou!!!!

Went well.. Had a bad patch from 37 - 41km on the very loose gravel climbs. Kept spinning out. Other than that is was super fun.

The bike is being stripped down for a serious once over!

Top 100 on a rigid SS.. I'm happy with that.

Did anyone else find that we joined the 37km guys at odd times so those riding a sub 4 were having to pick their way through the very back markers on the single track?

Cant really be avoided but it was a bit of a downer because that would have been FUN without the traffic!

1 real gripe is the amount of goo and fuel packets just carelessly discarded by the front runners. Why litter? Why not just put it back in your pocket. The shirt is going to get washed anyway.... (hopefully!) Pretty disgraceful by the guys who are meant to be role models for the youngsters.... They need to have their noses rubbed in their litter and spanked I tell you!

Think I saw you come past me on that mean looking Niner with the rigid fork. Bike looks awesome!!!!

Think I saw you come past me on that mean looking Niner with the rigid fork. Bike looks awesome!!!!

Thanks! It has certainly done some miles. Pity the rider doesn't look as good as the bike!

The results seem a bit off, cant remember my exact time but def 10-20 min faster than whats on the website. Anyone ele having the same experience?

Yes, My time was 12 minutes quicker with my computer and i forgot to turn it off straight away. Great race though.

I had a great ride - did the 38km, took it easy as I've had a really bad winter with flu etc so my fitness is way down at the moment... My buddy I was riding with took strain so I hung back and waited for him. Just enjoyed an awesome day out on my bike, perfect weather, getting muddy etc etc :thumbup:

My only complaint was the 57km okes on their 29er hardtails that were holding me up on the single track... :P

I wasn't in a rush so being held up on single track etc didn't bug me, but it does seem generally that technical skills are lacking at the back of the field... I was behind one guy who was crawling along, yet still managing to lock his back wheel into every corner... Still, I'm sure I held up my fair share of people when I first started!

I had a great ride - did the 38km, took it easy as I've had a really bad winter with flu etc so my fitness is way down at the moment... My buddy I was riding with took strain so I hung back and waited for him. Just enjoyed an awesome day out on my bike, perfect weather, getting muddy etc etc :thumbup:

My only complaint was the 57km okes on their 29er hardtails that were holding me up on the single track... :P

I wasn't in a rush so being held up on single track etc didn't bug me, but it does seem generally that technical skills are lacking at the back of the field... I was behind one guy who was crawling along, yet still managing to lock his back wheel into every corner... Still, I'm sure I held up my fair share of people when I first started!

"My only complaint was the 57km okes on their 29er hardtails that were holding me up on the single track. "

Then I think its time for you to join us, the front bunch 57's on our hardtails!

Yes, My time was 12 minutes quicker with my computer and i forgot to turn it off straight away. Great race though.

I finally figured out what the problem is (took me long enough)... Everyone gets the same starting time eg everyone doing 38km has start time of 8:30 irrespective of your group which is incorrect. Hope they will fix it. My time is out by exactly 20min

I think they did the same thing for the 57km. My time was out, don't rate this trail tag system at all. Racetec works Maurant use it!

I think they did the same thing for the 57km. My time was out, don't rate this trail tag system at all. Racetec works Maurant use it!

I'm sure they will fix it, results directly after the race are usually provisional, same as Die Burger race. Trail tag system is far more effective than racetec imho

trailtag has been adjusted

No it hasn't od maybe I'm looking at the wrong traitag results site - only shows up to tag point > no end results

Trailtag in my opinion doesn't come close to Racetec

I'm sure they will fix it, results directly after the race are usually provisional, same as Die Burger race. Trail tag system is far more effective than racetec imho

24 hours later I still can't find the corrected trailtag results or the end results ??

What site you guys looking at ?

24 hours later I still can't find the corrected trailtag results or the end results ??

What site you guys looking at ?

Ichops look a little further down on this forum, I added the link to the results, open it and click on Lourensford classic