OFM Classic 3 November Bloemfontein

Cheese

Well done everyone for finishing and your great times. Had tears in my eyes when I saw all the groups come past me on my way to Albrecht Street and I was not part of a group :unsure:

@ Hboli4 and Cassie, next time I will join you guys for a couple of cold one after the race. Can't wait to get back on the bike. Supporting is fun, but not the same as killing yourself on a bike

Thank you for coming out to support! Great having some extra motivation up Albrecht and that with a 'roboboot' and all!!! Could not have been that comfortable in the heat.

Well done to your dad, that is an awesome time!!!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lemmer is a clown - and it's meant to be funny... at least he means it that way.

Every year I go to Bloem I am astounded by how much broken glass is in the road, pavements, everywhere...its like their National pasttime, glassbottlebreek - whats that all about?

There was a couple of guys in similar kit to yours in our group, Enduro/Endura or something?

Second the thanks to the CycleWorld guys. I did a pull on the N1 for a bit but couldn't keep the pace for long.

ESMERO (LOL) ... we had about 7 guys in the bunch , most of them escaped the Carnage

Wow what a race. Came down in the BL carnage and picked up some bumps and bruises. Thanks to my buddy bmw1za for helping me up and get back in the race. Finished 3:04. Would definitely return for this 1

Hi guys,

It was my first OFM and well worth the drive from Ladysmith. It was well organised and the registration, start and finish were great. I went down with the rest, when the B batch crashed and only could get riding when the C batch came past. Luckily I joined the secound group and stayed with them to the end. It was a nice bunch of guys to ride with - thanks.

Regards

Sarge

It was a perfect day out there. I managed to hang on until the 70km mark but simply didn't have the legs for the climb. Then 10km from the end some friendly guys came past and we picked up the pace to the end again. Did a 2:51 which was way faster than I anticipated.

Just a quick thumbs down to the clowns who decided one lane of the N1 is not big enough for them. They had to slalom around the cones into the vehicle lane to move forward in the group while the vehicles were passing.

I think it was a very nice race. What can one expect comparing times between the Ofm and the 94.7?

I was more than 30 minutes slower in the OFM (starting in AL) than in the 94.7 (starting in B ) last year :)

Edited by agteros

I think it was a very nice race. What can one expect comparing times between the Ofm and the 94.7?

About 10 - 20 min. Really hard to say

hi glad you made it. sorry i coudnt bring us back too the bunch

Hi Guys, My buddy and I were also caught in the crash, so getting organised and clearing carnage took its toll. I managed to stop in time but the guy behind me couldnt... crashed into me, so I was the guy riding with the creaking,squeeking and knocking sounds(sigh)..

I wanna make mention of the guy on The Ridley with a CL number(Cycling world kit)... damn this guy is strong ... towed me for most of the race, I paced for the 30 seconds then he paced for 10 kms(lol). Well done Sir ! Thanks to you I finished in 3h17 which I am very content with. (to the 3 ladies babysitting and motivating me ... you Gals Rock)

hi im glad you made it. Pity thou we couldnt get back too the bunch again

Hi Guys, My buddy and I were also caught in the crash, so getting organised and clearing carnage took its toll. I managed to stop in time but the guy behind me couldnt... crashed into me, so I was the guy riding with the creaking,squeeking and knocking sounds(sigh)..

I wanna make mention of the guy on The Ridley with a CL number(Cycling world kit)... damn this guy is strong ... towed me for most of the race, I paced for the 30 seconds then he paced for 10 kms(lol). Well done Sir ! Thanks to you I finished in 3h17 which I am very content with. (to the 3 ladies babysitting and motivating me ... you Gals Rock)

Bmw I rode with 2 of your guys in that Esmero kit. They're damn strong. I came home in 3h06. Would have managed a 3 hours flat if I wasn't dropped at Navel Hill of Navel Duiwel. Lekker weekend, Great event. I am back there next year, God willing

Bmw I rode with 2 of your guys in that Esmero kit. They're damn strong. I came home in 3h06. Would have managed a 3 hours flat if I wasn't dropped at Navel Hill of Navel Duiwel. Lekker weekend, Great event. I am back there next year, God willing

Great stuff man, our junior made top 20, Our VB Rider did 2h35 , B bunch guys did 2h44,2h52,2h59,3h04... i was the slow one at 3h17 (cry,cry,cry)

Great stuff man, our junior made top 20, Our VB Rider did 2h35 , B bunch guys did 2h44,2h52,2h59,3h04... i was the slow one at 3h17 (cry,cry,cry)

Lovely....I said to myself I need to google up you guys coz I dig the kit.

I was in BL and first that idiot cop that made us go the wrong way.then as I went along with the front bunch all good and well and there between those rockey side someone decided to pull breakers and I lost it and went into the ditch doing mtb almost to a eina fatal crash.thanx to my mtb skills I kept it.unfortunately I lost the group and tried all the way to catch them but failed.I was riding solo all the way and got view people on the way but they fell out.the last video km I pick a old oom on a gorgeous pinarello and got him behind me.was a gr8 race but hard work.I did it 2 57 which I think is good for riding solo for almost 80km.

and thumbs up for the disco guy playing music in the bunch BL.