Mavic R-Sys SLR or Mavic Carbone or Zipp 303/404 combo

Rifi

I like the way you think Urbanroyal. But the bank balance not gonna allow me. Been looking online and much and much the same when converting to Rands :(

Jip ..that pesky thing the bank balance ....my nemisis as well...sent you a pm regarding some deals I came across. :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seriously considering supporting local business and get those Darkhorse wheels.

Consider it, OP.

I only hear good things about the brand.

Great bang for buck.

I'm seriously considering supporting local business and get those Darkhorse wheels.

Consider it, OP.

Great bang for buck.

Have they increased the stiffness of those wheels recently?

I rode a set of 50mm clinchers last year and they had a lot of flex under power

Have they increased the stiffness of those wheels recently?

I rode a set of 50mm clinchers last year and they had a lot of flex under power

Dunno.

Consider it, OP.

Great bang for buck.

I think it is time that you buy a nice set of local carbon wheelset, then you can let me know how they ride

No sure what Citec wheels are like (they are imported by a hubber) and they only get rave reviews. With Aero wheels you have to remember there are full carbon construction and then the ones like the Shimano range and the Mavic Carbone which are std rims with a thin carbon cover stuck over the top.

I'd always go with lighter & stronger. A lot of heavier aero wheels take time to spin up and don't react as fast when you have to jump for a sprint or an attack.

I'd go the 303's or even the 202's. All class and the 303's have been top rated for ever.

Carbon Wrap Wheels:

http://www.3-athlon.com/productsimgs/detailed//d_833.jpg

before the crash there was a thread (might even have been in the Chinese carbon one) that had some super impressive carbon wheels. They were around the 1200 mark, very well built, stiff and worked out to be about R7K odd...

Shew! All this info to digest. Thank you for broadening my options. I guess I am gonna have a busy few days reading up on the various options. Heart still goes out to r-sys SLR or carbones. :)

R Sys

Def!

Had Carbones - good hoops. Good looking too. Underutilized with the conditions I raced in.

Ok, so I need some help with wheels. I am looking at the above wheelsets and been doing some reading. None of the reviews are proudly South African though.

What are your thoughts? Budget needs to be considered. So far, best price I got was CWCycles. Know of anywhere else I can try?

Currently riding on American Classics Aero 420. Leaning towards R-Sys SLR but something about deep section attracts me all the time.

Help!!!!!

send me a PM on wich options you prefer.

I think it is time that you buy a nice set of local carbon wheelset, then you can let me know how they ride

Just can't decide between tubular and clincher

(1Hi-jack off)

Edited by ' Dale

And aero 420s you ditching are a great wheel as well.

Thought about the AC Magnesium's? 1180g a pair, Titanium rods, ceramic bearings...

http://clee-cycles.co.uk/.thumbs/images/ac/2012/ac-rd-mag2012a.jpg

I've played this scenario out a couple of times , always found myself shelling out bucks for the Zipps ! There are some good deals going on the hub at the moment .

Shop around and try lend a pair to try out if you can .