Mavic R-Sys SLR or Mavic Carbone or Zipp 303/404 combo

Rifi

r-sys SLR

With that dark finish...THE sexiest wheels ever, and I'm not a Mavic fan. Wish I could justify a pair. DO IT!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently on the Mavic Carbone SLR's which are the full carbon versions, so granted they are more expensive, but as far as Cosmics go, I can't fault them, they are fantastic wheels.

Zipp 303 Firecrest - Best of all worlds. CWC did a great price for me on these when I bought them about a year ago.

Zipp 303 Firecrest - Best of all worlds. CWC did a great price for me on these when I bought them about a year ago.

Price if may ask please?

I've played this scenario out a couple of times , always found myself shelling out bucks for the Zipps ! There are some good deals going on the hub at the moment .

Shop around and try lend a pair to try out if you can .

Will you borrow me yours? :drool:

I say go mavic carbone -

One of my buddies had a head on with a rangerover cutting across him in the traffic last year.

He flipped over the bonnet and snapped his bike in 3 places.

The Carbones he was using (which took the majority of the hit) did not buckle or even break a spoke - they probably saved his life.

The Shimano DA C35 is also a very good wheel.

Per Zipp website, the has been issues with fitting the firecrest 303 rear in a venge and tarmac sl4. so just check it out first.