29er Dual Suspension Carbon Chinese Frames

Alpine Sports Coaching

i am trying to justify a buy from Booth's. can someone give me a comparison to an available 29 full sus carbon that can be bought from a LBS.

i can get a Scott spark 920 full XT for +-R30K, which is less than Booth's. so in my logic says that the Chinese frame has to be better as the components are on par??

Edited by Erroli8a8

Make sure you compare apples with apples. Standard Spark 920 differs from Booth. Also remember the Booth you can spec according to your budget.

Booth full carbon: 920 rear triangle alloy

Booth breakset XT: 920 breakset SLX

Booth FD XT: 920 FD SLX

Booth stem, bar and seatpost carbon: 920 all alloy

Booth ZTR wheelset: 920 Syncros wheelset

Booth Fox Factory fork with kashima: 920 Fox Evolution fork no kashima

Booth Fox CTD shock with Kashima: 920 (2013) DT Swiss Nude shock

If you are getting a 920 with full XT for R30k, don't hesitate and buy it. But make sure it's full XT.

Make sure you compare apples with apples. Standard Spark 920 differs from Booth. Also remember the Booth you can spec according to your budget.

Booth full carbon: 920 rear triangle alloy

Booth breakset XT: 920 breakset SLX

Booth FD XT: 920 FD SLX

Booth stem, bar and seatpost carbon: 920 all alloy

Booth ZTR wheelset: 920 Syncros wheelset

Booth Fox Factory fork with kashima: 920 Fox Evolution fork no kashima

Booth Fox CTD shock with Kashima: 920 (2013) DT Swiss Nude shock

If you are getting a 920 with full XT for R30k, don't hesitate and buy it. But make sure it's full XT.

Indeed. Those little differences add up to more than 6k alone...

Thanks guys. YES it is supposed to be full XT but i did not look personlay i took the salesmans word.

yeah. "Full XT" is not always Full XT. If it has XT/SLX it's an XT / SLX parts mix...

Thanks guys. YES it is supposed to be full XT but i did not look personlay i took the salesmans word.

Many times the salesman really has no clue what he is really selling .... there are good guys out there, but many who don't have passion for what they are selling and so doing have in depth knowledge of their products.

Many times the salesman really has no clue what he is really selling .... there are good guys out there, but many who don't have passion for what they are selling and so doing have in depth knowledge of their products.

... I do need to add that my conversation with "Booth" and those that I know have dealt with him, puts him firmly in the :This guy knows and understands his product" category!

I also have a Booth dual susp. It climbs like a moutaingoat and you can hit the trails as hard as you like with it. ... I even commute, 40km's daily, with mine!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got a Booth and was astonished at the difference it made on in particular the hills. Rob is a great guy and was super patient through in my case the transplant of the wheel and group set from my existing bike. I have no hesitation in recommending Rob!