Just what we've been waiting for!

vanniri

From now on, I am gonna quote this everytime i see a wheel debate thread

post-7169-0-44490500-1380790217_thumb.jpg

clearly Stevie spent more time on his bike than in school.

clearly Stevie spent more time on his bike than in school.

he's the second most famous person from Vancouver island

sorry for the hijack/diversion.....although apparently he got almost no recognition in Canada for winning world cup

Steve, I've been watching the news and it seems like your win has passed under the radar here in Canada. I mean a CANADIAN World DH Champion!!! I live in Quebec, and I won't speak for the rest of Canada, but I would've expected to see something in the headlines! Are you bummed by the lack of media coverage the sport of mountain biking gets here?

http://es.pinkbike.org/sprt/f2/s/35.gif StevieSmithDH (2 days ago)

I am bummed for sure.

The governing body (CCA/Cycling Canada) failed to send out a press release about my achievements at the Norway World Cup and Leogang events. They were focused on the road World Championships at the time and the communications person opted to cover the road side of things. This is really disappointing to me. That being said I do receive great support from lots of great people at the CCA, I guess the communications department doesn't love me.

Edited by Stretch

no, no, I'm not from Vancouver Island....

sorry for the hijack/diversion.....although apparently he got almost no recognition in Canada for winning world cup

Steve, I've been watching the news and it seems like your win has passed under the radar here in Canada. I mean a CANADIAN World DH Champion!!! I live in Quebec, and I won't speak for the rest of Canada, but I would've expected to see something in the headlines! Are you bummed by the lack of media coverage the sport of mountain biking gets here?

http://es.pinkbike.org/sprt/f2/s/35.gif StevieSmithDH (2 days ago)

I am bummed for sure.

The governing body (CCA/Cycling Canada) failed to send out a press release about my achievements at the Norway World Cup and Leogang events. They were focused on the road World Championships at the time and the communications person opted to cover the road side of things. This is really disappointing to me. That being said I do receive great support from lots of great people at the CCA, I guess the communications department doesn't love me.

that's bizarre, with the courses they have you'd think it was a big deal. Sure Greg could relate.