Swearing at girls in 99er C bunch

Groot Lem

nope' date=' only the 3 mentioned. Its someone that finished in front 20 of C bunch. Maybe a mr wayne roberts, not sure. The other one could be Cooper. Not sure either.[/quote']

wasn't mr. roberts, rode with him in the second "c" bunch!

Nope, mr Roberts finished in front group of C. And anyway it happened long before finish.

C348 C 03:25:00 96/1258M89/109335.41
Booyens, Hanlie C284 C 03:26:05 98/1258F1/13335.23
Cooper, Kenneth C299 C 03:26:05 99/1258M91/109335.23
Green, Erica C352 C 03:26:06 100/1258F2/13335.23
van der Westhuizen, Everhard C337 C 03:26:06 101/1258M92/109335.23
Esterhuyse, Franco C354 C 03:26:15 103/1258M94/109335.2
van Wyk, Benjamin C295 C 03:26:15 104/1258M95/109335.2
Van der Merwe, Philip C316 C 03:26:17 105/1258M96/109335.19
Seggie, Jane C277 C 03:26:19 106/1258F3/13335.19
Bailey, Jason B227 C 03:26:25 107/1258M97/109335.17
Coomans, Michael Charl C346 C 03:26:28 108/1258M98/109335.16
O'Connor, Morney C304 C 03:26:44 109/1258M99/109335.12
Roberts, Wayne C330 C 03:26:45 110/1258M100/109335.11

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This type of incident will always happen if their race is incorporated in a specific group;if it was category racing these women would be racing against men of the same standard and they could be the ones swearing. NNF

I have raced with the women a lot,....and they're no fairies!!

They never go work at the front but mostly like to hang near the front where they often dangerously cut in for better positions and constantly cause gaps to open when they can't hang on anymore.

Swearing in general is wrong and I'm against that.

But swearing at them have no right to be highlighted or need any special

attention - this is modern times and that's why they're lobbying for

equal rights, prizemoney etc.(mostly forced by themselves upon society)

They just need to work harder at their game or get more women to race so that they can race their own gender.

Why did you start the thread Groot Lem? Is male to male or female to male swearing more acceptable?

Maybe the complainent should start to realize that everybody must fight his/her own battles in life and nobody deserves favouritism of any kind - especially in sport!

I have raced with the women a lot' date='....and they're no fairies!!

They never go work at the front but mostly like to hang near the front where they often dangerously cut in for better positions and constantly cause gaps to open when they can't hang on anymore.

Swearing in general is wrong and I'm against that.

But swearing at them have no right to be highlighted or need any special attention - this is modern times and that's why they're lobbying for equal rights, prizemoney etc.(mostly forced by themselves upon society)

They just need to work harder at their game or get more women to race so that they can race their own gender.

Why did you start the thread Groot Lem? Is male to male or female to male swearing more acceptable?

Maybe the complainent should start to realize that everybody must fight his/her own battles in life and nobody deserves favouritism of any kind - especially in sport!
[/quote']

At long last someone has nailed it on the headClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Had the same incident last year with the LOst City, had no bunch riding skills could not hold a line and decided to gutter without signalling or indicating what her intentions were ,  when she decided to gutter she nearly took out THE WHOLE bunch because she decided to gutter left and just turned @ 43 km/h sitting with roughly 200 people in the bunch and she was in te first 80 people. 

She had no right to be in that group how she got the seeding no one knows but she was there and she was suicidal.

To say that she was in tears after we HAD ALL spoken to her in our best anglo saxon will be putting it mildly, the lady next to me used words that i had heard of but never dared to mention.  So it is not just the men who swear but women tooo and if it's neccesary then so let it be.  At that moment in time the adrenelin is flowing and things are said in the heat of the moment.  Thats just the way the cookie crumbles if you want equality you must be able to take it

Remember "If you live by the sword, you die by the sword"  It works both ways ladies equel start groups equel punishment.

My R0.02c worth

I have raced with the women a lot' date='....and they're no fairies!!

[/quote']

Whoa!  What an incredibly incorrect generalisation.  Do you also believe that all blondes are stupid?

It's because of people like you and Sammajoor that generalisations like these get perpetuated and male cyclists often don't treat women like cyclists in a bunch.

Tell me, how do I get to the front of a paceline to do some work if the men in the line won't let me in?  They would have let me in if I'd been a guy. And then they are surprised if I attack and drop them because they swore at me for 'getting in the way'?

mostly forced by themselves upon society)

Huh?  I don't understand this.  Must be blonde.

Try this:  A clean Hub for the whole of next week. The first user to @$#^ donates a bike to his/her local community ...

!!@^$_! - what am I gonna do now?  I give a bike to my local comunity (Bedfordview's opulent & corpulent society) and they're gonna give it straight back with plenty of free advice couched in just the kind of terms you're trying to avoid.

Can only hope next week starts tomorrow and I'll try and curb the keyboard excesses.

smiley4.gif

If i may have my two cents worth please.

I dont care who you are or what gender you are, if you screw up you must expect and accept any language being thrown your way.

It is not right and i condemn it . I rode today with ladies who are very very compentent and i happily trusted them more than i do the male counterparts. I think the point they were trying to make is no matter what gender you are, if you arent compentent you shouldnt be there and must expect to be shouted at should you make a mistake.

Nothingness i never got let into a paceline at all today and i did try. I am a junoir riding with older guys. People dont want ot let you in cos they like there positon in the bunch.

It pisses me off but hey i survived

Dont worry Pilks many older riders do things like that just because Junior cyclists are like 20yrs younger than them and they're jealous we kick their asses even with restricted gears (excluding VA's they always catch us and should start ahead)

Tell me' date=' how do I get to the front of a paceline to do some work if the

men in the line won't let me in?  They would have let me in if I'd been

a guy. And then they are surprised if I attack and drop them because

they swore at me for 'getting in the way'?

[/quote']

If you can attack men and actually drop them you should change your username to SomethingnessSmile

I think you're actually hallucinating when you  say men would let other men in when guttering is taken place - NOBODY lets ANYBODY in!

You can always start your own paceline/guttering.

The girl that was sworn at didnt want a gap, she was in FRONT of the person swearing. it was a C bunch funrider swearing at a 2 time Olympic games participant, that has a million times more experience at bunch racing.

Shut the f . . k up and race your bike ! to the one with the tiny nuts and small weenie ( in the world of womens cycling that is what you are flagged as )) hopefully you don't eat from the same mouth that splat the verbal abuse / shame on you - try training before racing with the " Moms club " (((who I ganurantee were using this race as training )) if you can't survive with your filthy mouth shut,or manage to stay on the wheel,go home-buy loads of toilet paper ,sell your bike,buy more cycling DVD's and keep dreaming ... .. Cheers from Tour of California ... Womens Cycling Rocks !!!! RooiMan2008-02-18 13:22:23

ITS ACTUALLY SAD THAT MEN NOW BELIEVES IS COOL (OR A RIGHT) TO SWEAR AT A LADY/GIRL OR WOMAN.

Come on guys, you are not making money from your cycling, please respect the woman.

Its not that much to asked, is it?