Karooo to Coast

FanieFiets

My boss heard a rumour that the Karoo to Coast may be cancelled due to the route being distroyed. He  told me to follow up on this. Any possiblity of that happening?

My boss heard a rumour that the Karoo to Coast may be cancelled due to the route being distroyed. He  told me to follow up on this. Any possiblity of that happening?

Before the partial re-opening of Kaaimans, they were suggesting Prince Alfred Pass as an alternative route. It hasn't been destroyed yet thus, but if they put the N2 traffic onto it it will be destroyed.

I just signed up yesterday, and there was no mention on the site of cancellation or detour.

I really hope it goes ahead, it is one of my favourite mtb marathons!

Has anyone tried contacting the organizers....hint hint, nudge nudge if any organizers use this forum!!!!

I will email them this morning.

No worries.

If you head to Uniondale via Knysna (the long way) the roads are all tar so should be fine. Not sure of the best route from "up north" as I live in the eastern cape, but hopefully most road works will be done by then end of September smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif hmmmm i think i smell the coffee, time to stop dreaming we live in an efficient society