Slanghoek Triathlon

JGR

@retied

Its not the cr@p that the tri-universe threw at you but the way you kept going which reveals your character.

Well done! You won't forget this one quickly.

when i broke my legs and ankle a year or 2 ago i could not train for nearly a year and decided while walking with moonboot and leg braces that if i am able to train again,i will never quit.when i felt like quitting i just remembered how shyte it was not being able to be part of this awesome sport.

Did the long MTB:

Swim went okay. Didn't expect anything more as I wasn't swimming that much the last couple weeks.

First hald of the MTB was pretty fast and flat, but rocky and sandy. Second half was quite tough I thought. More rocks, coupled with some quick up and downs to drain the legs.

The run was very hard. Although very flat, the sand and heat made it tough going.

Cool event!

Edited by BlinkFan

The run confused me. My GPS measured it at 9km, which is well short of the advertised 10km. Did anyone else accidentally take a short cut? I also noticed some guys running up the Southern side of the dam wall (instead of the Northern side).

The run confused me. My GPS measured it at 9km, which is well short of the advertised 10km. Did anyone else accidentally take a short cut? I also noticed some guys running up the Southern side of the dam wall (instead of the Northern side).

It was a bit short, I think. My foot pod measured it at about 9.5km, but it's not always 100% accurate.

I didn't see anyone running up the southern side, but there weren't that many ahead of me so it might have happened later.

Had a good day out, solid swim, stayed out of trouble, but the group was a nice size so not too hectic, fantastic bike leg, pity that it is shorter than last year, but nice that that horrible little detour is out. I wish it was back up to around 50 km, 42 is just to short for a good test. The run course was fantastic, far better than the two loops of last year with all that tar. great to wind through the vineyards, who said 30 - 40 cm deep rivers? a few little splashes and that was it. The run could have been better marked, I got a bit lost and had spend some time going up the wrong way, but got back on course after losing about a minute. Love this event, back for more next year.

Had a good day out, solid swim, stayed out of trouble, but the group was a nice size so not too hectic, fantastic bike leg, pity that it is shorter than last year, but nice that that horrible little detour is out. I wish it was back up to around 50 km, 42 is just to short for a good test. The run course was fantastic, far better than the two loops of last year with all that tar. great to wind through the vineyards, who said 30 - 40 cm deep rivers? a few little splashes and that was it. The run could have been better marked, I got a bit lost and had spend some time going up the wrong way, but got back on course after losing about a minute. Love this event, back for more next year.

Agree 100%

I didnt get my feet wet at all - just pass on the side???

Swim group was perfect (18-34) I hardly got touched (and no I was not that far off the back :))

I also had a great event considering my previous attempts. Went for a swim lesson 4 weeks ago which really paid off as I almost finished the swim in under 20 minutes...for me thats flying. Just chilled on the bike after having overcooked badly previous years and finished just under 1:20. The run is always my nightmare and I just told myself 3 things while running, 1. Dont go faster you'll burn out 2. Dont go slower, you'll be walking 3. Dont fart as in current conditions it wont be a pretty sight. Finished the run just under 52 minutes. All and all enjoyed the day.

Following suggestions - Have a marshall or two on the rode, although I didnt see a lot of drafting it is damn easy to monitor 20 km stretch of road.

Markers/Marshall - Having to stop at a spot where their is three arrows, identical in size and colour each pointing in a different direction is very frustrating. How difficult will it be to have a marshal at any spot there there might be confusion?

The winner got an 8 minutes swim? That doesnt seem right?

Everyones times are looking very funny. My time is 15 minutes on the swim instead of 20.....dont now what they did.

Everyones times are looking very funny. My time is 15 minutes on the swim instead of 20.....dont now what they did.

very weird

I also think the transition times are included as im pretty certain I ran a little faster than that. (I did take my time in T) My swim was 16mins but I thought it might have been longer

All in all, it was a well organised event. I enjoyed the "long" MTB. Not too technical.

The swim times look a bit low all around. I suspect that the timekeeper has not adjusted for daylight savings time...

My run time is also longer so the transition time must be included there.