Steilte Trails

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Well done guys - things are looking up in the WCP - just rather far out for me...

It will be worth the drive for you very very soon.

Jan has already started cutting a new dh line that will sync in with the existing line above the top road gap. He's also marked an enduro line that will be cut within the next 2 months.

We are putting in a drop zone. I'm not sure when that's going to happen cos it relies on me and I'm bb (beyond broke) this month

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A drop Zone would be good - great way to build the confidence for the Rampage next year. How about an airbag and suitable ramp to practice flips? Zink - you got no chance buddy.

Guest Omega Man

A drop Zone would be good - great way to build the confidence for the Rampage next year. How about an airbag and suitable ramp to practice flips? Zink - you got no chance buddy.

Hahaha. Yeah for sure. We're also putting in a ski lift and a pub under the lift.

Something like this?

post-18968-0-98357800-1382259991_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Great job, dudes! Lots of good work there!

Thanks man.

There seems to be a real push in the cape for trails at the moment. Steilte, Jonkers, Hoegekraal and Tokai all getting work in. Oh and Welvanspas apparently. And as far as I understand there's some brand new trails being opened at next months Dirtopia enduro.

Guest Omega Man

When I see that I get cold shivers all over again...

Haha. To be fair it was raining and you were effectively riding on a slick so the crash wasn't thaat much of a surprise.

Come through there with a bit of pace in the dry and that little road gap is butter.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Just a heads up some things coming out of discussions between Hanco (Chairman of WP Downhill) and Jan.

Membership for the Steilte trails will be R250 for under 18's. Hanco quite rightly pointed out that R500 is a large chunk of cash for some and that we should be helping to grow the sport. Hence the R250 for under 18's.

Yesterday Jan was busy working like a demon building up 2 faaaaat berms after the middle step down to road gap section known as the snakepit.

He also cut a new piece of trail from the very top. It looks super rocky and tech up there. And Adi's little divert is now open.

Edited by Omega Man

Dude, the work you and your mates are doing for DH in SA is amazing! (this coming from someone who is not a downhiller)

Congrats, and keep it up!

I am starting to drool over enduro bikes now... (your fault)

Guest Omega Man

Mega: that was the one thing missing, something super rocky. Good hear!

Ja. it starts waaaaaay up high tho. no shuttles or bike parky stuff up there.

Guest Omega Man

Dude, the work you and your mates are doing for DH in SA is amazing! (this coming from someone who is not a downhiller)

Congrats, and keep it up!

I am starting to drool over enduro bikes now... (your fault)

Thanks man. I'm very much a mafiki zolo when it comes to trail building tho. We've just been inspired by riding in France and we've been wanting to build the type of stuff we are seeing at Steilte for a while now. It is somewhat selfish I'll be the first to admit that. But if other riders get to enjoy it then much the better.

Oh in my little props to WC trail building I forgot to mention Contemans. Rob has been busy doing his thing over there and apparently the trails there are looking better than they've ever been. It's awesome to see land owners welcoming Mountain bikers.