Full face helmets etc.

NicoBoshoff

After inspecting my arse without a mirror yesterday I decided it's time for some better protection.

I'm in the market for a full face helmet, some elbow guards and knee guards.

I'm not going full neck brace and body armor, since I'm not planning on being the next Gregg Minnaar, but considering what I hurt yesterday the pads and FF lid are a must for me.

So the question is, where is best locally to shop for this stuff. I don't want to risk online because the sizing is too questionable.

I see CWC sell nice lids (Rudy and 661), but not much in pads.

Some suggestions would be welcomed!

Also got me a FF recently...but only because now i have bit more brains to protect than when I was 18, haha. got me a Urge one 2nd hand (but not used) and very happy with it. Was never a fan of pads.

Edit: They are bloody hot in summer, so you'll only wear then going down, up, the helmet will be over bars or on backpack. So if you need all round protection, a AM/enduro helmet will be better.

Edited by braailegend

Guest Omega Man

Olympic have Giro, Bell and Kali helmets as far as I know. Action in town have Giro lids in stock. Dialed have 661 (my personal choice) and dartmoor pads. Oh and Jan (The guy who's farm we were riding on does Bell and Kali)

You've got quite a big scone judging by the fit of my helmet on your head yesterday. I'd avoid buying a helmet online at all costs unless you are 100% confident it will fit.

I'd also get some goggles. I recommend Oakley. For one reason and one reason only. The availability of replacement lenses.

We're probably gonna hit the Steilte trails again next weekend. Hopefully it will be dry this time cos DAMN it was slippy.

Edited by Omega Man

Olympic have Giro, Bell and Kali helmets as far as I know. Action in town have Giro lids in stock. Dialed have 661 and dartmoor pads (my personal choice).

You've got quite a big scone judging by the fit of my helmet on your head yesterday. I'd avoid buying a helmet online at all costs unless you are 100% confident it will fit.

I'd also get some goggles. I recommend Oakley. For one reason and one reason only. The availability of replacement lenses.

We're probably gonna hit the Steilte trails again next weekend. Hopefully it will be dry this time cos DAMN it was slippy.

Shot! Yeah will definitely go Oakley on eyes.

In Robertson next weekend, but will see you guys at Steilte when I return. Hopefully triumphant...

Guest Omega Man

Shot! Yeah will definitely go Oakley on eyes.

In Robertson next weekend, but will see you guys at Steilte when I return. Hopefully triumphant...

Yes! to be fair you did crash on off camber sheet ice with slick tires so not THAAT much of a surprise.

Oh. Another thing on helmets. Try not to buy 2nd hand. It is your head after all.

Edited by Omega Man

No ways on 2nd hand lids.

And yes, fell on sheet ice and left with a sheet stain...

Then 'n recomend a tub of vanish and black dh shorts aswell :whistling: