Maxis Crossmark

Muggins

I went and did my first ride today in the rain.

It all started off well until we hit the first section of single track and then it went pear shaped very quickly.

The mud was just sticking to my Crossmark tyres and building up and packing onto the bike front and back.

It got to the point where one could not ride anymore.

I swear my bike weighed 40 kg by the end and that's starting off from just over 12.3 kg.

Is the mud collecting on the tyres normal for the Crossmarks or was it just the type of mud.

The other rider with me had Schwalbe Blackjacks and his were not nearly as bad with the mud collecting on them. One could still see his tread. Mine you could see nothing just mud and thick.

We stopped 10 km's into it figuring we were just going to do major damage.

Well if I didn't know what sticky mud was this morning I sure as hell do now.

When I tell you the bike weighed 40 kg that is not joking.

Well if I didn't know what sticky mud was this morning I sure as hell do now.

When I tell you the bike weighed 40 kg that is not joking.

Try doing the Sabie Experience one year when you know it is going to be a wet one...

I have had schwalbes, contis, and crossmarks and the result in riding in the mud was the same...
Kendas the same

There was a 3rd guy that left 10 minutes ahead of us on the same trail and the owner also mentioned to me an hour ago that the guy also had issues with the mud.

So lesson learned when it rains stay at home with the wife and score points.

There was a 3rd guy that left 10 minutes ahead of us on the same trail and the owner also mentioned to me an hour ago that the guy also had issues with the mud.

So lesson learned when it rains stay at home with the wife and score points.

When I started Mtb'ing I also made this mistake. No tyres in the world will help you ride in that conditions. Go to the gym or get yourself a indoor trainer. Also not worth damaging your bikes bearings etc. Edited by Wil6