Eason EA90 SLX - Dark horse carbon clinchers - Concept carbon clinchers

Zatek

I am in the market for new wheels. Looking at Eason EA90 SLX - Dark horse carbon clinchers 38mm - Concept carbon clinchers 38mm. The budget is R8k. These wheels will be used for racing only. Need lighter wheels to help with the hills don't need more speed on downhill's and flats.

Currently I have EA70 and love these wheels that's why I am looking at EA90 SLX. Would like have a set of carbon wheels but this is not the Alpha and Omega.

Selling point will be performance gained.

• 5 weeks later...

My choice is the eastons..:) got a set and love them, however the only downfall is that they don't look as attractive as other wheelsets in that price range.

• 1 year later...

As far as I know, there isn't a very big weight difference between the Darkhorse and the Eastons, so I would go for the aluminium wheels which (in my opinion) will give you a bit more piece of mind when it comes to strenght and durability.

You must remember, good as the Darkhorse wheels are, they are still a mass produced Chinese carbon wheel with someone's name stuck on it. I've seen many cracked, broke, delaminated Chinese carbon wheels. Not so sure I'd trust them...

DH for massive value - after sales service is great.

Not sure theD other two brands will match that budget. Unlikely, unless used.

Dark Horse wheels are superb! Strong, light and great value, the service provided by the suppliers is even better. I would recommend the Dark Horse wheels without hesitation.

It seems as if DH wheels are well recommended, how would the Edge Design Aero 5.5 compare, is it worth a look at, I am also looking for new wheelset, and at R8k new it seems a good option?