Input needed: Carbon Road Shoes

Ecko_1

Budget is R2-R2.5k max. Obviously cheaper will be better, but I dont want junk.

I can currently get a Bontrager RXL shoe (white with gold accents and white carbon sole) for R2,5k. Normal retail is R4k apparently.

I want something that will last me a while. I am a size 8UK. The bont I fitted was a 43 and fitted nicely.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think the suplest has a carbon sole though?

Babse, have you had a look at Bridge Cycles? They had lots of Specialized shoes over the road in their '' markdown'' shop.

I went to Cyclesphere during lunch to see their offerings. They only stock Mavis. They have the Mavic Galibier for R2450. Looks decent. They had one pair of another apparently high end (normal price R5+ supposedly) for R2700. Was a white shoe with some yellow. Looked and felt nice. Very light.

ecko_1 i am in the same position

currently riding the bont RXL bt they took a beating in a recent accident.

every1 recommending S-WORKS bt dont have the specialized budget

here are 2 options to fit budget;

1) http://www.solomonso...roducts_id=1311

2) http://www.cwcycles....ckle-2013-black

I dont think that Suplest is carbon. The carbon version is R3k. Cyclesphere mentioned a possible problem some people have been having getting parts for the Bont shoes due to a change in agents or something like that. It could be salesman babble though.

let's not confuse Bont with Bontrager please :whistling:

My bad...but its clear in the context of the thread so far as I referred to a specific model

I sent him details for Bridge, but they didn't have his size, they did however have mine and I collect Thursday.

30% on shoes and 40% on clothing.

its 45% for clothing, just trying to help. not being a d!ck :)

How did you find the Bont RXL? Is it the white one with white carbon sole. A few gold accents on it.

i only got them because i found the MTB RXL a perfect fit for my foot but to be honest the ROAD version is half as comfy as the mtb version, that might be because my roadies is missing the "eSoles"

and yes it is there white and gold pair!

i only got them because i found the MTB RXL a perfect fit for my foot but to be honest the ROAD version is half as comfy as the mtb version, that might be because my roadies is missing the "eSoles"

and yes it is there white and gold pair!

Thanks for the feedback.