2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

A brief aside from the Tour action today and Mark Cavendish is back to training on the turbo this week, only six days after having surgery. He might not be able to go out of the house on his bike, but it has allowed him to catch up with Game of Thrones.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose Serpa is receiving some medical attention to his right leg at the back of the breakaway group. not clear what the problem is, but it doesn't seem too serious.

It's very early in the day, but with a group this strong we could see our stage winner coming from this group of 17.

I could be wrong but I doubt it.

There is still around 11km to the top of the Col du Lautaret and Peter Sagan is hanging off the back of the lead group. Their advantage is up to 4:21 over the peloton.

Arnaud Démare rides off the front of the peloton and climbs into a camper van. Not sure what his reasons are for that.

It seems the French national champion needed the toilet and has chosen to go in the privacy of the camper van. He was ushered forward by his teammate Jérémy Roy.

Peter Sagan has been on the back of the group for quite some time now and he's gone back to the car. His time in this break looks like it may be numbered.

Astana are still very much in control of things on the front of the peloton. We've had some brief glimpses of Movistar near the front but it has been all turquoise blue for almost the entire stage.

100 kms to go

Steady tempo

No real assertion of tactics at this stage

Escapees at 5 mins

There are 10 points available at the top. Not enough for Rodríguez to close the gap to Nibali, but it will set him up nicely for the following climb.

Former yellow jersey holder and winner of stage 11, Tony Gallopin has dropped off the back of the peloton to pick up some bidons. He gets one particularly sticky bottle.

Joaquim Rodríguez takes the points on the top of the Lauteret, he too is unchallenged in his quest for points. Alessandro de Marchi follows him over. Both the leaders and peloton are powering it down the descent now.

The official Tour website reports that Démare is suffering with some stomach problems, hence his decision to use a camper van toilet. He has MIckael Delage helping him make it up the climb.

F1 speed change of wheel by Sagan. Others would waited for the mechanic to get there before removing wheel

Archived