Podiatrist for cycling shoe insert

Hi,

I'm looking for a Podiatrist that can make me an insert for my cycling shoe. I find the traditional running shoe inserts are too high, and don't have good padding for the cleat "hot spot" area. Anyone know someone in the Greater Sandton area?

Thanks!

Hi there if you contact the podiatry association of South Africa on 0861100249 and speak to Leanne she will assist you to find someone close to you.

Edited by footdoc

• 6 years later...

Anyone know a good podiatrist in PTA ? Need new inners. Thanks 

I have heard good things about Dr J Aumuller who works from Muelmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm looking for a Podiatrist that can make me an insert for my cycling shoe. I find the traditional running shoe inserts are too high, and don't have good padding for the cleat "hot spot" area. Anyone know someone in the Greater Sandton area?

Thanks!

\

Frank Dubowitz at the Rosebank Sports clinic (opp Rosebank Hospital). A number of local sports people go to him!

He cured my hot-spots!

Hi, i am interested to find out what you end up doing. I also have pain under the cleat area - i have moved the cleat around and even bought expensive roomy carbon shoes and this has not helped

Hi, i am interested to find out what you end up doing. I also have pain under the cleat area - i have moved the cleat around and even bought expensive roomy carbon shoes and this has not helped

I suffered from terrible hot spots in both feet anything from 2 1/2 hours onwards. After seeking out help from a lot of 'experts' and reading about various cures on the web, one podiatrist gave some good advice.

I then sorted out my own inner soles for my S-Works shoes and installed separate and loose support pads bought from Dischem at a fraction of the cost of professional inner soles.

If you send me your number, I can send you pics how I achieved this. I can now ride all day and not feel any pain anymore.