BOOMSLANG!!!

The time has come, to say fair’s fair

To pay the Rent, to pay our share!

Yes, Boomslang is the lucky trail this weekend. Some peoples favourite, and arguably one of the most fun and flowy trails on the mountain before it got logged.

This is your opportunity to ensure your own bit of input into the NEW Boomslang. Features, features features. We’re going for something with FLOW. Something that will have you whooping and crying from the top of your lungs as you hurtle down the trail, through technical areas and tight flowy singletrack nirvana.

Come one, come all. Swing a spade / rake / ho / axe and build the trail you want to ride.

As an aside – I’d like a show of hands for this one please. The local PnP has offered to sponsor food for the day, in the form of boerie rolls for us normal people, and lettuce for the strange ones.

Pull in! You’re sure to have a blast!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm there. I can't be seen with people eating lettuce, though.

thats the difference between boep and no boep

Guest Omega Man

I'm there. I can't be seen with people eating lettuce, though.

Ha! well in that case I'm out. By rights it should be named something else now that the boome are gone.

Ha! well in that case I'm out. By rights it should be named something else now that the boome are gone.

Tuinslang?

LOL. In 2 years there will be trees again. Arguably the trees that the Boomslange prefer as well!

Guest Omega Man

Tuinslang?

LOL. In 2 years there will be trees again. Arguably the trees that the Boomslange prefer as well!

Good point.

If I were in CT, I would soooo join you. Imagine my irritation when I flew in from JHB a few months ago, rented a duallie from Neil's Wheels and did the climb to get to what we dubbed "the playground" only to find it logged! Are you making the new 'Boomslang' on a new trail or amongst the ruins?

Should we sync our watches..? :whistling:

For a guy that pays such amazing attention to detail when building a bike or a trail, you never noticed that he doesn't wear one or live by one? ;)

If I were in CT, I would soooo join you. Imagine my irritation when I flew in from JHB a few months ago, rented a duallie from Neil's Wheels and did the climb to get to what we dubbed "the playground" only to find it logged! Are you making the new 'Boomslang' on a new trail or amongst the ruins?

Amongst the ruins of the old one. Crossing in places, but not on the exact same line. I do have a pic here somewhere.......

post-3056-0-32413300-1382957419_thumb.jpg

but this isn't the complete picture of the route it will take. New trail will be 50m longer (or so) than the old one and will use the slope as well.

Saturday, 13:00, parking lot?

WHO starts working at 13:00??? already on African time, i notice... :whistling: :whistling:

WHO starts working at 13:00??? already on African time, i notice... :whistling: :whistling:

ROFL. Dude, it gives people who ride in the mornings time to do their thing, and seeing as most of us have kids / wives / girlfriends it gives us time to do the family time thing before heading off on to the mountain, or watch the kids soccer / rugby / netball / hockey games in the morning as well.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

I will be there with my army of slaves. Failing that I will drag Ben along.

I will refrain from baiting Deon about his timekeeping due to feeling guilty about ripping him last month (this will probably last until one minute past one on Saturday at which point my self control will fail).