Commuting in work clothes?

Spidermonkey

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is incorrect sir i am just more active on threads and i was merely pointing out the fact that RIDING IN THUNDERSTORMS is another thread you PERSONALLY STARTED attacking a mere observation i had

Under no circumstances should you commute in clothing you plan to spend the rest of the day in!

x1000000000000

You should commute in thunderstorms

Just read that thread, and I have done so many times...worst part is not having mudguards! But I always travel with rain gear in case of a downpour.

Just read that thread, and I have done so many times...worst part is not having mudguards! But I always travel with rain gear in case of a downpour.

So it builds a little Sauna underneath all that gear :thumbup:

I find it ok to shower at home and then ride in work clothes in winter - about 10km.

Cant really do it in summer though, even now it's a bit of a push so I have panniers + bag because a backpack tends to absorb all that lovely commuting sweat in summer :mellow:

Edited by TheHerbalist

Just read that thread

I don't know if you think you funny or just trying to annoy me but it is getting irritating now. Just like your over use of caps lock

I find it ok to shower at home and then ride in work clothes in winter - about 10km.

Cant really do it in summer though, even now it's a bit of a push so I have panniers + bag because a backpack tends to absorb all that lovely commuting sweat in summer :mellow:

Good point- it is far easier to cycle in work clothes in cooler weather. I am now thinking of getting a rack and panniers to avoid the sweaty backpack syndrome.

I don't know if you think you funny or just trying to annoy me but it is getting irritating now. Just like your over use of caps lock

i am sorry you feel this way fabes, i always liked your posts and enjoyed interaction, i will no longer respond to your posts,i am terribly sorry you feel this way, if at any time you think we can be "friends" again JUST LET ME KNOW

i am sorry you feel this way fabes, i always liked your posts and enjoyed interaction, i will no longer respond to your posts,i am terribly sorry you feel this way, if at any time you think we can be "friends" again JUST LET ME KNOW

?

I suppose that is the downside, especially if one suffers from BO and has a long Ride to the office! I've commuted in work clothes several times, and it's not actually that bad. Granted, I leave early and only do about 10km to work. The great part is not having to mess around with a change of clothes and find a place to hang up the riding gear. I also tried to cycle at 'no-sweat speed' when possible!

My shortest trip to work would be 10 km. Even in winter I get to work sweating.