Commuting in work clothes?

Spidermonkey

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

why not just wear your cycling socks ? or am I missing something ?

My socks get wet, Cape Winter mornings, and they are….er…those secret-type socks; I never DID get the calf-socks memo… :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Zebra said:

My socks get wet, Cape Winter mornings, and they are….er…those secret-type socks; I never DID get the calf-socks memo… :)

lol 

I only got the memo about the calfs socks thing earlier this year. It might have to do with the Traithlete business too, 

One of the gripes about cycling to work was the cycling kit at the end of the day. It didn't always dry out properly!

3 minutes ago, Dadbod Racing said:

lol 

I only got the memo about the calfs socks thing earlier this year. It might have to do with the Traithlete business too, 

One of the gripes about cycling to work was the cycling kit at the end of the day. It didn't always dry out properly!

Yes, my background was (amateur) Triathlete, too, thus the lack of socks, our ultra-shorty socks.

Since putting hooks up, and hanging my damp cycling kit up on a hanger(s), my kit is dry at days end, I HATE pulling on wet kit!

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so today was my first commute, guess I was just over thinking it didnt even take me 10min to ride to work.

Pair of jeans work shirt and my 5tens,  had my wife drop off my laptop and boots and that was it. PFFF not even a 2km ride so ja not sure if thats going to help getting fitness levels up.

Will see how its goes for the week. Thanks for all the advice

5 hours ago, Bomberman said:

Alright so today was my first commute, guess I was just over thinking it didnt even take me 10min to ride to work.

Pair of jeans work shirt and my 5tens,  had my wife drop off my laptop and boots and that was it. PFFF not even a 2km ride so ja not sure if thats going to help getting fitness levels up.

Will see how its goes for the week. Thanks for all the advice

NOTHING prevents you from a detour in the afternoons :thumbup:

Mine is about 4,5km commute ... though I have clocked 30+km in the afternoon. :clap:

Even a couple of 2 x 4,5km trips per week DO add up :thumbup:  Even if it just keeps the muscles nice and loose for the weekend.

On 10/28/2013 at 4:46 PM, Spidermonkey said:

Carrying a change of clothes with me on the bike gets a bit much sometimes, but the alternative is arriving at the office in slightly sweaty work clothes. I'd like to hear your thoughts on dressing for the journey vs dressing for the destination!

Our office has a shower, so I just pack clean clothes and get ready there