So who is racing the Urban Assault DH this weekend?

Headshot

Guest Omega Man

Can I do it on a trail bike? Spez stumpjumper

Ja. It's not tech at all. some jeeptrack and stairs. that's about it. The fun bit is that you get set off in pairs so you can race your mate. Or you can be clever like me and get a faster guy to pace you down the hill

Edited by Omega Man

Can I do it on a trail bike? Spez stumpjumper

Did it on my hardtail, wasn't too bad, even the stairs.

i`ve been following the Urban DH series, those tracks in South America look mental! surely with enough planning and proper permits.... there's even one red bull did in some communist building in Belgium i think

the thing with the south american urban DH events is the convenience of the urban developments: they run all the way up the hill! and the fact it's semi-structured development, it requries far less paperwork to arrange an event because well, it's a rats nest of stairs and alleys anyways, so the race organisers are probably spoilt for choice.

For us here, not so: Way more developed, and any real urban stuff will run over someone's property, or over a road that's The Most IMportant in the World /sarcasm. that said, in my opinion, cape town's urban assault could do with a venue change. Still within the city bowl, but off the slopes of table mountain through vredehoek, or higgovale, deer park area etc.

Guest Omega Man

the thing with the south american urban DH events is the convenience of the urban developments: they run all the way up the hill! and the fact it's semi-structured development, it requries far less paperwork to arrange an event because well, it's a rats nest of stairs and alleys anyways, so the race organisers are probably spoilt for choice.

For us here, not so: Way more developed, and any real urban stuff will run over someone's property, or over a road that's The Most IMportant in the World /sarcasm. that said, in my opinion, cape town's urban assault could do with a venue change. Still within the city bowl, but off the slopes of table mountain through vredehoek, or higgovale, deer park area etc.

Imagine running a race down the Glen onto the fields of Camps Bay High? It wouldn't take much.

Imagine running a race down the Glen onto the fields of Camps Bay High? It wouldn't take much.

that's a damn fine suggestion!

Guest Omega Man

that's a damn fine suggestion!

Most of the track is already there.....