Dirtopia Enduro #3

niterider

Ja, look the Carbine is a fantastic bike. JP van Zyl at Recycles has one, and yes, it is better (lighter, stiffer etc etc) than the Tracer. But maybe 10% better, if that. So you know I figured, rather than flogging R30k, why don't I just get 10% better (lighter, fitter etc). Buuuuuuuut, having said all of these nice things..... I would still give my left ball for some Carbine goodness.

So would I. Maybe my subconscious will persuade me at some point...

My brother put together a brand new 26" Stumpjumper (140mm) with a brand new (old stock) Lyrik 2-step, EN521 wheelset and X9/X0 the other day for R30k. Compared to a just a frame, that's an amazing bargain!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap, I presume you're going to be rocking the Trance at the race?

yep. she did very well in the last enduro. But last time i was clipped in. I've ditched that and gone back to flats.

Edited by Capricorn

yep. she did very well in the last enduro. But last time i was clipped in. I've ditched that and gone back to flats.

Hah, in contrast I'll have to brave things with my skinny XT pedals :)

(BTW, I've come to grow fond of our friend Mr Hill, in spite of the flat pedals thing, hehe)

So would I. Maybe my subconscious will persuade me at some point...

My brother put together a brand new 26" Stumpjumper (140mm) with a brand new (old stock) Lyrik 2-step, EN521 wheelset and X9/X0 the other day for R30k. Compared to a just a frame, that's an amazing bargain!

Exactly. Ag you now, from a financial point of view, one can never justify spending 30k on a frame. You can only really measure it against the width of your post ride smile!

Hah, in contrast I'll have to brave things with my skinny XT pedals :)

(BTW, I've come to grow fond of our friend Mr Hill, in spite of the flat pedals thing, hehe)

man crush on Sam Hill? sorry, get in line buster...

man crush on Sam Hill? sorry, get in line buster...

:P

He's a cool guy, although quite odd in person really. We briefly chatted to him at Worlds and got his autograph, the man didn't have much to say. Stevie on the other hand was all jokes and chirps!

anyone have a rough estimate or distance/climbing you'd cover if you entered? I see there's reference to "days" of riding, does it span over the week end?

I'm super keen to try enter.... Someone from thehub just collected some parts I was selling and he made it sound awesome... :clap: :clap:

the climbing is sort of irrelevant in that you can go at your own pace, even get off and walk; it's not timed inthe classic sense. All you need to do is get there before the cut off time. But it does add to the fatigue, no doubt,especially when the climbs turn into portage..

the climbing is sort of irrelevant in that you can go at your own pace, even get off and walk; it's not timed inthe classic sense. All you need to do is get there before the cut off time. But it does add to the fatigue, no doubt,especially when the climbs turn into portage..

I'm just need to know that I will be able to finish it before I enter :)

Edited by Craigwt

I'm just need to know that I will be able to finish it before I enter :)

^ what mayhem said. Besides, you can't look 'swak' in front of your mates :P

anyone have a rough estimate or distance/climbing you'd cover if you entered? I see there's reference to "days" of riding, does it span over the week end?

I'm super keen to try enter.... Someone from thehub just collected some parts I was selling and he made it sound awesome... :clap: :clap:

The reference to days is a typo left over from the last Enduro which was 2 days.

Just do it. You won't regret it.

Short answer - yes you can

^ what mayhem said. Besides, you can't look 'swak' in front of your mates :P

The reference to days is a typo left over from the last Enduro which was 2 days.

Just do it. You won't regret it.

Looks like I have three volunteers to tow me around if the going gets tough :ph34r:

mayhem, you gonna be there on your reign?

Looks like I have three volunteers to tow me around if the going gets tough :ph34r:

mayhem, you gonna be there on your reign?

Sure.

Follow me, I'm right behind you!