Wheels or groupset?

plaasman

Hi guys..

Iam in need of some advice if you would be so kind.

Currently i have a desent carbon road bike with full 105 groupset(10speed) the model before the newest but did some miles with it as to date,but there is nothing wrong with them,they work perfectly.

My wheels are the shimano WHR 550 standard factory wheels.

Iam considering to upgrade my wheels to something in the area of 4000-5000.The make is not that important.

But i also can get a full dura ace groupset brand new for a simmilar price.

What is more important to upgrade would you recon?

Thanx

My mening: wiele gaan 'n groter verskil maak. Jy kan waarskynlik meer gewig spaar op 'n stel wiele as op die groupset. Onthou om te kyk na ligte resiesbande ook, dan kan jy die ligte resiesbande op die goeie wiele sit vir wedrenne, en oefen met jou bestaande wiele en swaarder oefenbande wat jou meer myle gee. Die Shimano-wiele is heeltemal aero en redelik lig, maar ek is nie juis mal oor hulle nie, want hulle is maar bietjie flimsy (buig maklik speke ens). As jy na die ander opsie kyk, kan jy redelik krag spaar en rigiditeit wen op die crank en arm; op die derailleurs dink ek nie jy gaan regtig veel waarde vir jou geld kry nie.

Hoops

Rotational mass lightened up will make a real difference, I reckon.

Use the other set for training maybe.

Hi guys..

Iam in need of some advice if you would be so kind.

Currently i have a desent carbon road bike with full 105 groupset(10speed) the model before the newest but did some miles with it as to date,but there is nothing wrong with them,they work perfectly.

My wheels are the shimano WHR 550 standard factory wheels.

Iam considering to upgrade my wheels to something in the area of 4000-5000.The make is not that important.

But i also can get a full dura ace groupset brand new for a simmilar price.

What is more important to upgrade would you recon?

Thanx

Wheels for sure, I love 105.

That said: new Dura Ace for 4-5k!!!!!

Where?

I'll take it right now.

Wheels for sure, I love 105.

That said: new Dura Ace for 4-5k!!!!!

Where?

I'll take it right now.

Pretty sure that's DA 7800.

I'll take 2 sets if it's 7900 or 9000

Saw an analysis somewhere of the energy losses due to air resistance vs the acceleration gained from lighter wheels, and it seemed that in almost all contexts a deeper section wheel was more effective in decreasing the overall race time. Anybody agree/disagree?

You can find a lekker set of wheels on the hub if you wait an pounce when they come up. I think someone was selling carbon dura-ace deepish sections for 4k recently, and similarly mooi deals are bound to come up...

Same question but different

Old Sora and mavic aksiums

Which to upgrade?

def upgrade that sora, those are good strong wheels u have there!