Can one continue to MTB with hip replacement?

Funny thing is that when I had the repair - my Surgeon said no more MTB and never be able to run.

Last night I decided to try going for a run for the first time in 3 years and managed 29 minutes for 5 km.

Hip was sore and stiff after, but this am feels a bit better.

Think I will go for the X-ray just to make sure. Just to find time to get off graft and do it

I understand where you are coming from but RUN, bloody hell, I can hardly walk!

Pse keep us informed of the findings iro circulation because I think I am going the same way? Good to be armed with options when I go to the the orthopod again.

That "splash curtain" man. Absolute horrors.

My Ortho has the policy that if we cant fix it so that you can still do the things you want to why fix it? You have to be a bit barmy to accept that but I like the way he thinks, considering I run, surf and cycle I am happy.

I agree with your Ortho. Same argument why I dont wait till you are so old that you dont need the new joint. If is ready to be replaced - replace it now. Many things can change in 15y and then you never had your second chance.

I agree with your Ortho. Same argument why I dont wait till you are so old that you dont need the new joint. If is ready to be replaced - replace it now. Many things can change in 15y and then you never had your second chance.

who the Hell are you.?my surgeon?

• 2 weeks later...

Update - X - Rays showed that all is OK with my repair. Good news.

Strange thing I noticed however was that the top of the titanium pin which protrudes out the top of the femur has partially been covered by bone growth but the edges are to my eye very jagged.

Unfortunately I missed the Ortho's call and just went by his voice-mail that all is OK, but I will have to get back to him and question why the pain and lame muscles have suddenly returned.

Anyway, at least the head is still good and no joint issues either - Burger up next - way unfit though

• 6 months later...

hey people, iv just been told that I need a hip replacement, got something called avascular narcosis, how did you guys find the opp, im not in any pain just stiff when I get up, and what surgeons did you guys go to. thanks so much

• 3 weeks later...

I had a college of mine with same problems, caused by many years at Sea in a fishing trawler causing a lot of load on the head of the femur.

He swears by the repair which was a ceramic cup and titanium head.

Done by local ortho group down here - I guess that this is very common so anyone in the country should be good at the repair by now - good luck