What/Where to ride at Tokai?

Craigwt

Hi All,

Planning to head out to Tokai soon (for the second time only), was wondering if someone could give me some pointers as last time we got a little lost. Where do we find the trails? How technical are the DH trails? I might go with people that are not great on technical sections, but they wouldn't mind walking small sections. :)

Anything else I should know?

Thanks

Craig

you can ride all the DH trails at your own pace. Everything is ridable. The DH trails line up one behind the other. Check for the map as you enter tokai, and then look out for the trail markers

Have a look on the Iride Africa site there is a downloadable map on there.

Some details have changed s little but it gives a good idea of the layout.

You might find your less experienced guys having to walk s lot if you do the DH specific sections. Maybe try Mamba on to Puff adder then along the jeep track to Bluegums, Vasbyt, My Roots and finally Faerie Garden. Something for everybody there.

• 1 month later...

Is there any shorter way to get up to the start of mamba when I've finished boomslang? I know boomslang is loop-able, I found the ascending single track. But is there a quicker way to get to the start of mamba without having to go jeeptrack? I don't mind steepness.

Not yet, taahir. But there are plans for a climbing track that will allow you to get to the top of mamba from the bottom of boomslang. It may be longer though.

At the moment it's jeep track all the way back.

<p>

Not yet, taahir. But there are plans for a climbing track that will allow you to get to the top of mamba from the bottom of boomslang. It may be longer though.

At the moment it's jeep track all the way back.

Thanks CPT armpies mayham,Really enjoying snake trail- I find it testing my ability to gear shift and descend rocky sectionsMamba- tests my nerve to try n find flow and get more airBoomslang- has a few off camber sections with roots . I keep my breath when I go over it anticipating my front wheel/tyre to slip.. All in all its a great run.With a loop It will be very awesome to session, summer sun not so forgiving thoughBut great work on the trails.. Hope to show my face at a build day when I am able to..