2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

The Trance 2 comes with SLX brake upgrade, Gaint dropper and Tubeless for R25500 at Action.

I was worried about the 1x 10 on the SX. I am a great descender not so great on the ascent haha, need the granny gear.

So basically you recommend me just getting the trance 2 and then swapping the fork? What about the rims, hubs? The SX also has a different geometry.

The SX and the standard share the SAME frame.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SX and the standard share the SAME frame.

I compared them online last night and the geo is different.

I compared them online last night and the geo is different.

Due to the longer fork on the front, there was a review online somewhere that stated this

http://www.giant-bic...71488/#geometry

vs

http://www.giant-bic...71484/#geometry

or is that due to the fork? Not sure. Would be great if they are exactly the same.

As flowta says. EXACTLY the same frame. Just the fork that differs, and thanks to the longer Axle to Crown measurement on the longer fork, it reduces the head angle by a degree.

As for the wheels - those ones on the Trance 2 are plenty strong. Yes, the SX has the 142x12 mm rear axle, but there is a conversion kit for the Trance 2 that can convert it to the same by changing the dropouts.

So yeah - my recommendation stands. Trance 2, flog the Fox fork on there for a bargain basement price (6k or 7k seeing as it's effectively new) and buy a Pike / TALAS to repace it, plus the conversion kit, plus a dropper. And still pay less.

The Trance 2 comes with SLX brake upgrade, Gaint dropper and Tubeless for R25500 at Action.

now THAT'S temptation!!!

Thanks to this thread and all your enthusiasm I'm now the owner of a 650b Trance 2. You guys convinced me so thank you! :)

Got it for a really good price at Bridge Cycles. Less than 22k. :)

Picked it up an hour ago. It looks awesome. That black frame is stunning!

I was worried about the 1x 10 on the SX. I am a great descender not so great on the ascent haha, need the granny gear.

So basically you recommend me just getting the trance 2 and then swapping the fork? What about the rims, hubs? The SX also has a different geometry.

Just make sure that Action fit the 100mm dropper, as there is a 75mm version. Otherwise good deal.

How much you recon I could sell the stock fork for? brand new, never been ridden.

The 32? Check the retail price, then 25% below that. Should be round 6k or so (sale price) that you can sell it at.

Archived