2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

There is/was? a thread somewhere on here about getting rid of unwanted body hair, you know...

A Fox 36 will be amazing on these bikes. I have found that the more I ride the bike, the more I would like the front end to be a bit more precise - a function of the stiffness (or lack thereof) of the fork.

I am very bleak that I never picked up that Pike that was for sale on here recently. :cursing:

My current wheelset which going on the SS is going to be shod in a set of these.

http://surlybikes.com/parts/wheels/dirt_wizard_26

Come up to the same size as 650B wheel. Did the measurements, there's enough clearance width wise in the front and rear of the Trance. :clap:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My current wheelset which going on the SS is going to be shod in a set of these.

http://surlybikes.co.../dirt_wizard_26

Come up to the same size as 650B wheel. Did the measurements, there's enough clearance width wise in the front and rear of the Trance. :clap:

http://dirtragmag.com/userfiles/crankworxtech1-20.jpg

Oh my word that would be EPIC! fat bike trance...

More a Chubby than a Fatbike, but yes :thumbup:

Remember when everyone had these eon their DH bikes?

26" x 3.0" Gazzaloddi's

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb1364762/p4pb1364762.jpg

Flowta, we will need pictures of that!

It's going to be the smoothest riding Trance on the planet!

Flowta, we will need pictures of that!

It's going to be the smoothest riding Trance on the planet!

Will do :thumbup:

Now people must buy my old stuff

Lol. I can confirm. Dave is no hobbit...

Probably more troll-like

Though my wife thinks my feet look like hobbits feet

if even small orc you be cramped on that med then :whistling: :w00t:

if even small orc you be cramped on that med then :whistling: :w00t:

Hahaha

Was in CWC and they had a Medium standing by the workshop, hopped on it and it felt good.

Will be building it up this evening, will post a separate thread of the build

Finished building this up tonight

post-3441-0-79122700-1397852133_thumb.jpg

post-3441-0-06509400-1397852131_thumb.jpg

With saddle at full height (frame too small)

post-3441-0-67276300-1397852115_thumb.jpg

Clearance on the fork

post-3441-0-49159700-1397852128_thumb.jpg

Plenty clearance at the rear too (the Dirt Wizards will fit nicely)

post-3441-0-73442000-1397852123_thumb.jpg

post-3441-0-13558400-1397852121_thumb.jpg

Nice!

Trying her out tomorrow?

Two Oceans completely traps us in tomorrow. Will see about going in the afternoon.

Two Oceans completely traps us in tomorrow. Will see about going in the afternoon.

Give us a shout if it looks like you can escape.

Hahaha

Was in CWC and they had a Medium standing by the workshop, hopped on it and it felt good.

Will be building it up this evening, will post a separate thread of the build

Haha

ya also thought the large felt good when i hopped on @ the guys house, i bought it from.. on longer rides worked out it wasnt.. but for bundu bashing it was perfect.The Xl was way more comfy though and could run a tighter setup.

New frames prob abit better ,see how it goes.. and for that price i almost considered shortening my legs and arms :thumbup:

Give us a shout if it looks like you can escape.

So feeling a bit like Snake Plissken in "Escape from Hout Bay" I managed to take the Trance for a ride this afternoon.

Ironically my wife reckons it looks like a snake (wait till she sees the decal I've had made for it).

Don't know whether it was the fact that the bike was physically lighter (1kg on the frame alone), lighter wheels,the tyres having a way less aggressive tread pattern or the suspension, or etc. But the bike felt fast and nimble on the uphills.

On the downhills it was really fun and felt like it was asking for me to throw it a around a bit and hit little jumps along the trail.

I refrained from going too wild due to still having a bit of setup to do and being a bit unsure of the tyres (a bit of tyre squirm on the front tyre at the start of a ride doesn't help with confidence, granted it only happened once).

Funny that the wire - beaded Rapid Rob felt like a sturdier tyre than TLR Nobly Nic I had on the front (though this could be due it having a higher pressure from just being set up tubeless).

Really looking forward to getting to know this bike.

Archived