2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

So the Pike appears to retail for about 12k :(

Last question: Is OD2 on its way out? I see the new Reign and a few others no longer have it but strangely enough the 2015 Trance does have it.

Don't want to be left without options after a year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last question: Is OD2 on its way out? I see the new Reign and a few others no longer have it but strangely enough the 2015 Trance does have it.

You'll get it for 11 at Diald. Read about the new reign... WOW!

OD2 is dead in the water. Hoo-hah! On the US site the 2015 Trance show std OD steerer. No more OD2. I'm sure it would be the same for the rest of the world.

ive been smoked by those things at enduros

What were you riding? Just for interests sake! I promise I won't snigger! Really!

anyone found a cheap tyre to use for the odd road training ride as them Nobbly Nics do not like tar

anyone found a cheap tyre to use for the odd road training ride as them Nobbly Nics do not like tar

I would ride those Nobby Nics until they are stuffed and use the opportunity to get some better tires.

I put WTB Wolverines on mine, which is great for the back wheel, but I will change the front to a more aggressive one when I can afford it.

And for anyone that is worried about getting a short stem for an OD2 steerer, these are arriving in a week or so. 50mm length. 10mm rise. Should be about R800.

post-4091-0-46234900-1407234619_thumb.jpg

Yeah its a beaut but likely R45k or something when it eventually gets here.

Reign 2 should come in at around R30k according to the guys at www.cyclefactory.co.za

So its Reign vs Trance then. What is best for Cape Town trails? I like hitting the big stuff on the way down (Reign +) but I am useless on the way up (Trance +).

Trance Sx is a nice in between but I have heard lots of complaints with the Fox Talas 34. Also the thought of having a bike with no spare parts due to OD2 scares me. The 2015 Sx makes a lot of sense then but it will cost a fortune.

Sigh..

What about 2014 Trance 2 + Pike + Rims and (risk?) OD2 issue?

I'm totally over thinking this but I may as well as this is going to be 30-40k.

So its Reign vs Trance then. What is best for Cape Town trails? I like hitting the big stuff on the way down (Reign +) but I am useless on the way up (Trance +).

Trance Sx is a nice in between but I have heard lots of complaints with the Fox Talas 34. Also the thought of having a bike with no spare parts due to OD2 scares me. The 2015 Sx makes a lot of sense then but it will cost a fortune.

Sigh..

What about 2014 Trance 2 + Pike + Rims and (risk?) OD2 issue?

I'm totally over thinking this but I may as well as this is going to be 30-40k.

If you have trance 2 and chuck a pike on then your od2 problem is gone (apart from the hassle of getting rid of your 32 fork). But all said, and having read a few reviews, Reign is going to be the bomb. You will have a better suspension setup at the rear, even though you can run a 200x57 shock in the trance to squeeze out 158mm of travel. Wheels may be an issue of you get a Reign 2 but maybe an incremental upgrade?? If you get a good deal on a trance 2 as 2015 stuff comes in then great, or even better a frameset, then I'd say get trance. Otherwise Reign. But this all depends on your self control! I know when I start doing research at upgrade time my brain goes mushy and I end up spending a lot and fast until it's all over and I'm happy:lol:

So OD2 has no physical frame differences? That is great news then.

I am just worried that a reign is going to be a bit of a dog on the way up and I want something that climbs decently.I must say the reign looks amazing but probably a bit hardcore for what CT has to offer? Also its Pike fork doesnt have travel adjust.

Self control is an issue. Start out as a R20k project now a R40k one haha.

158mm on a Trance? Has anyone actually fitted a 200x57 shock to confirm it works?

I wonder how much it will cost to replace that rear shock and put on a 160mm fork? It might be less then changing the whole bike to a Reign.

Archived