2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

I was also game on a Strippa, but they're being phased out. Only colorful options left... And that was never gonna go with all the black... :)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1410761516.945636.jpg

Ended up with a 45mm funnduro! :)

Anyone taken theirs for a spin at bloemendal? That place is serious fun!

If you don't mind me asking: how tall are you? (& inseam) What size frame do you ride?& What width do you have fitted with the 50 Funnduro?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't mind me asking: how tall are you? (& inseam) What size frame do you ride?& What width do you have fitted with the 50 Funnduro?

Hey man,

how tall are you?

1.81 meters.

inseam

I don't know my inseam, with a 125mm drop reverb I get to just the right height with the seat post pushed all the way into the frame. 

What size frame do you ride

Large

What width do you have fitted with the 50 Funnduro

760 with the 45mm Funnduro

I tried a quick google search to see what the "reach" is for the Trance in M & L, but couldn't find anything.

Did a print out of the medium bike on the Giant website, measured & calculated the medium to have around 430-435mm.

If my calculations are correct then it means the large should be around 450-455mm.

That coupled with a 45-50mm stem should fit me fine then.

Did another google search which turned up this info on the SX (should be very much the same on normal Trances)

http://translate.google.co.za/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://downhill-rangers.com/news/75060-giant-trance-sx-27-5-2014-im-test.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dgiant%2Btrance%2Bsx%2Bmedium%2B27.5%2Breach%26biw%3D1676%26bih%3D860

Shows the reach to be 438mm.

Will some of you please measure this?

Medium as well as large please.

Just a quick couple questions:

How tall are you Trance owners & what size frame / do you ride?

Please add stem length as well.

With the steep-ish (virtual) seatpost angle being 73.5º, does any of you have an issue with a zero offset dropper post when trying to get the correct saddle position?

For me

Height: 1.82m

Frame size: Medium (got it for a really good price, have always ridden a medium frame)

Stem Length: 70mm or 60mm (trying to decide which one I prefer, currently using the 70mm)

Wouldn't mind trying a Large, but happy with a Medium for now, unless someone wants to swap

1.82m - 83cm inseam (long legs & short torso) on a Large

I found the 70mm stem too long so changing to a 50mm

I have a Joplin 4 seatpost, which is offset backwards, but I am not sure how much.

Let me know how it feels with the 50mm stem.

I am leaning towards the large as well, but don't want to be too stretched out.

I am very much between sizes:

My Shova ST is a large with a 40mm stem which feels a tad cramped & feels 'wrong' with a 60mm, so guess a 50mm will be perfect.

Ridden a large Zula with a 60mm & 70mm stem & felt good.

Had a 2009 Trance medium which felt good with an 80mm stem, but it was too long for the bike to shine.

Currently riding a medium Pyga OneTwenty 650 with 60mm stem & it feels 100%

I I know the "reach" is the same or a tad longer on the medium Trance I know it'll be right fit.

Just so hard to decide with no shops around having 1 to test ride!

Apparently there's a price increase end of the month so I want to grab 1 before the increase.

Edit: Looks like the Joplin is 20mm setback.

How far back / forward is your seat positioned on it?

Hey man,

how tall are you?

1.81 meters.

inseam

I don't know my inseam, with a 125mm drop reverb I get to just the right height with the seat post pushed all the way into the frame. 

What size frame do you ride

Large

What width do you have fitted with the 50 Funnduro

760 with the 45mm Funnduro

This sounds about right for me as well :thumbup:

I ride my KS dropper with 125mm drop all the way in on the Shova as well. 

Hi Dubbelbuys, 

Sorry I tried to reply earlier but the hub, she's been broken this morning.

The dropout kit was R150 or something at Mike's Bikes, and the axle was about R700 I think?

One part of the dropout kit is the nut that the through axle will screw into (see pic)- this is the part that you need to take along when you buy an axle as the thread on the axle needs to match the thread on this nut. The axle I got is a Shimano one, I don't have the part number with me but I can get it if you like?

Thx.

Will let you know.

First I need to sort the sizing issue   :unsure:

For me

Height: 1.82m

Frame size: Medium (got it for a really good price, have always ridden a medium frame)

Stem Length: 70mm or 60mm (trying to decide which one I prefer, currently using the 70mm)

Wouldn't mind trying a Large, but happy with a Medium for now, unless someone wants to swap

I remember the deal you got.

It was a bargain of note!

I think if you running the 70mm on the medium with ease & it feels good then you'll be able to ride a large with a 50mm stem as well!

Let me know how it feels with the 50mm stem.

I am leaning towards the large as well, but don't want to be too stretched out.

I am very much between sizes:

My Shova ST is a large with a 40mm stem which feels a tad cramped & feels 'wrong' with a 60mm, so guess a 50mm will be perfect.

Ridden a large Zula with a 60mm & 70mm stem & felt good.

Had a 2009 Trance medium which felt good with an 80mm stem, but it was too long for the bike to shine.

Currently riding a medium Pyga OneTwenty 650 with 60mm stem & it feels 100%

I I know the "reach" is the same or a tad longer on the medium Trance I know it'll be right fit.

Just so hard to decide with no shops around having 1 to test ride!

Apparently there's a price increase end of the month so I want to grab 1 before the increase.

Edit: Looks like the Joplin is 20mm setback.

How far back / forward is your seat positioned on it?

I also wanted to use a 50mm stem to improve the steering feel and weight distribution on the descents. I am hoping that the shorter cockpit will feel better - it is a bit long for me with the 70mm

I remember the deal you got.

It was a bargain of note!

I think if you running the 70mm on the medium with ease & it feels good then you'll be able to ride a large with a 50mm stem as well!

Anyone have a large they wanna swap?

Why confused?

We very much the same height, but he has a tad higher seatpost (1.5cm) so we have very much the same torso / reach (i would think)

He rides a 60mm stem with a reverb (0 offset)

Still puts me either M or L?

We very much the same height, but he has a tad higher seatpost (1.5cm) so we have very much the same torso / reach (i would think)

I'm 1.82m, and according to Giant I'm smack in the middle of Medium and Large. I'll find the chart later

I'm 1.82m, and according to Giant I'm smack in the middle of Medium and Large. I'll find the chart later

I know.

That actually places me on a M, but the Reign 1 2013 i had was a L.

Reign (2013) has 615mm TT & I ran it with a 70mm stem & inline post without a hassle.

HA on Reign was 0.5° steeper than the new Trance (which won't make a big difference in TT feel), but has the same seat tube angle.

I suppose a L will perfect then with a 40mm-50mm stem.

He might be more flexible than you .. he being a world class athlete and all ... no disrespect Dubbs!

Archived