2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

Any suggestions for bars & stem upgrade on my newly acquired Trance?

Which one did you get? the trance 2? black?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which one did you get? the trance 2? black?

Yebo, upgraded to XT Crankset,rear derailleur & brakes with Mavic Crossroc wheelset upgrade. I've had it for two weeks and not had a chance to ride it yet though. This weekend will see its maiden voyage.

Yebo, upgraded to XT Crankset,rear derailleur & brakes with Mavic Crossroc wheelset upgrade. I've had it for two weeks and not had a chance to ride it yet though. This weekend will see its maiden voyage.

Haha, bought the same, changed to XT crank/casette/brakes/rotors, Flows on hopes and new bars...

Have a look at Deity and Raceface, they make some good "stealth" black bars and stems... but...

I'll be hard to find OD2 stems, there just aren't that many options. As a last resort you could find a stem with some extra meat, and take it in to have the extra 1.5mm bored out of the radius of the steerer tube hole... hehe.

Other than that and Giants stems, chromag also make OD2 stems. :)

Ya but bro, a 40 and a 36 vanilla are 2 of Fox's BEST forks. And they're nowhere near the same as a CTD thing. Ask Mark de de de de Decker again...

ROFL.

That's like saying Rondebosch East must also be an affluent area 'cos it has the same name in it as Rondebosch normal (no offence to the okes in Bsch east)

Correction. . .The van 36 rc2 is the monkeys nuts

Erm... Trance is longer, just 0.5 degrees slacker, same TT length and just a slightly lower standover height. Every time I look at the numbers I wonder wtf giant was smoking... AND it has less travel. Plus it's a 2013 Reign vs a 2014 Trance. The reign was only just recently redesigned as well...

The Reign was redesigned for 2011 - I had one.

Spec level aside, the Trance is better for a whole lot of reasons, but you have to ride one before you realise it.

The geometry differences may not seem like much, but they work in conjunction with tweaked suspension and a new wheel size. It really feels more modern than the Reign.

Thanks for taking time to write the review,one question which I cannot find the answer for 27.5 is they say this new size is for the standard size riders not the heavy boned like me 92kg and 6 ft they say stick to 29 better rolling speed over the rough stuff.

Howard, I am 6"2 and manage fine on a 26" bike, in fact far better than many people on 29" wheels. Its not really about the bike or wheel size...

The Reign was redesigned for 2011 - I had one.

Spec level aside, the Trance is better for a whole lot of reasons, but you have to ride one before you realise it.

The geometry differences may not seem like much, but they work in conjunction with tweaked suspension and a new wheel size. It really feels more modern than the Reign.

I agree with your summation, and I haven't ridden a Trance 27.5. The Reign is more old school, but it works as intended and has a monster truck like ability in the really rough stuff - nothing wrong with the suspension if its tuned properly. its also the easiest bike to steer in a skid I have ever ridden - if you feel like acting like a kid and wasting your tyres, as I do sometimes :-)

Haha, bought the same, changed to XT crank/casette/brakes/rotors, Flows on hopes and new bars...

Have a look at Deity and Raceface, they make some good "stealth" black bars and stems... but...

I'll be hard to find OD2 stems, there just aren't that many options. As a last resort you could find a stem with some extra meat, and take it in to have the extra 1.5mm bored out of the radius of the steerer tube hole... hehe.

Other than that and Giants stems, chromag also make OD2 stems. :)

Do you perhaps know who stocks the following in CT by any chance; Deity, Raceface & Chromag?

Do you perhaps know who stocks the following in CT by any chance; Deity, Raceface & Chromag?

Try:

Deity - Diald bikes

Raceface - Recycles, The Bike Shed

Chromag - I have no idea

Something for the ladies ...

Giant Lust 27.5

post-4352-0-54967400-1389348304_thumb.jpg

I like the colours, it sommer makes me Lust to ride it! :D

post-4352-0-13659300-1389348384_thumb.jpg

Giant Lust 27.5

If the mens version came in this, I would have taken this rather then the black, pictures don't do the colours justice. :drool:

Giant Lust 27.5

The paint job on this bike looks amazing! It looks so much better in in person!

Took mine on its maiden ride today, all I can say this bike was made for CT trails, was really blown away and very impressed how this bike handles compared to my 26" Trance. Few adjustments to make(suspension, fork as well as tyre pressures) and a couple other upgrades to do (dropper post, saddle & rotors) otherwise its XT brakeset, cranks, rear derailleur, pedals,carbon bars & wheelset that I upgraded at time of purchase.

Really loved the ride today and so amped for tomorrows ride :clap:

post-13006-0-23258200-1389461291_thumb.jpg

post-13006-0-18817700-1389461396_thumb.jpg

Nice! Not sure where you ride or which version of the NN's they fitted on the Trance, but the ones that came on my Reign were worse than shite. Soft, thin and pretty much useless when converted to tubeless...An HD Super Gravity and WTB Bronson solved the problem...

Archived