Roof Rack - what should I get?

R.D.P.

Why not get a towbar and rack? Safer on the back as well. roof can be iffy loading nevermind, like it's been mentioned, forgetting the bikes there.

Got quotes recently for roof racks and the thule bike rack to fit the roof racks and almost fell on my back!!!!

Any chance boet, down to the river with the fly rod - late afternoon/evening waist deep in the river - you cant beat it

The Kraai River is just 5km away from my office. The owner gave me permission to fish!!!!!! If I could look over the first hill I see I would see the river!!!!!!

Not to be funny, will it fit on the Atos?

Go with however actually makes the boots for your car!

I have a Honda Brio and can't find any company that makes roof racks to fit my car :-(

I've got a set of roof racks, boots and a pro ride that I had on my previous car (2004 Honda Civic).

I'd definitely look into a towbar + bikerack first though, just alot more convenient.

I got a Vivo and also initially went for Thule Roofracks and then you still need to get a Bike Rack to fit on the roof rails, the combo cost me like R3k (roof rails was 2nd hand, buying all this new would be R5k (rails + rack) ) .

Then you sit with situation of having to take the stuff off or having them whistle and possibly cause drag when you're not carrying things around and obviously it's not as fuel efficient as a towbar either when you got bikes on your roof...

Fitting a towbar? R4k . I got one of those express thule bike racks that slots onto the towbar ball for R900 and while i can now use both roof or towbar, the towbar is the most convenient.

So cost wise, fitting a towbar is actually more economical in the long run, plus added benefits.

The next consideration comes in when you get to move around multiple bikes, on your roof you will most likely only fit 2 bikes (needing to buy a 2nd bike rack for the roof ), whereas on your towbar you have alot more options. Even my little express thule can handle 2 bikes.

Edited by silvertemplar

Thule roof rack is the way to go. Less risk than having them hang off the back. And very convenient. Will fit your Hyundai.

The risk of forgetting that you have them on the roof is probably much lower than the risk of someone rear-ending you.

Woodmead Thule - the cyclist's friend. Great guys.

Go with however actually makes the boots for your car!

I have a Honda Brio and can't find any company that makes roof racks to fit my car :-(

I've got a set of roof racks, boots and a pro ride that I had on my previous car (2004 Honda Civic).

Have you tried Rhino Racks? Read on a forum somewhere that they managed to get roof racks from them for a Honda Brio , also with pro ride.

Have you tried Rhino Racks? Read on a forum somewhere that they managed to get roof racks from them for a Honda Brio , also with pro ride.

Ultimate Hubber

• photo-thumb-4181.jpg?_r=1378211575
  • Members
  • 2 163 posts

• Province:Gauteng
  • LocationGangsta's Paradise

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:09

Rhino Racks fitted a roofrack to my Brio for pro rides. about 2k if I remember.

Haylo hooman

awesome thanks, I'll give them a try.

Don't want to go the tow bar route as I only plan on keeping the car for another 2 years.

Get a clip on bike rack for your boot. Cheaper option than a roof rack.

Been there, tried that. Even with VPS it damaged my roof when unclipping, and that was with a Thule rack no a cheapie.

I wouldn't recommend it.