Tyred old post

CogitoErgoSum

Hi all

I know this has probably been discussed countless times before, but here goes..

I am relatively new to cycling - have a hand-me-down full sus with deore xt rims. What tyres are best for sand-on-hard surface and plenty prickly-stuff (sekelbos/akasia thorns). I currently run Rubena Scylla rear, and Monorail front. Monorail have to be replaced soon.

Any suggestions for R400 - R550?

Should the Scylla go front?

Thanks

Maxixis Crossmark UST on the rear and Monorail on the front worked very very well for me. The Crossmark UST is a bit heavy but it can take a lot of beating.

Appreciated. I am looking for something that has decent knobs for the front for cornering. I came off the bike pretty hard two weeks back when the front slid on a thin layer sand on compact soil.

Does anyone have an experience with the maxxis larsen?

Maxixis Crossmark UST on the rear and Monorail on the front worked very very well for me. The Crossmark UST is a bit heavy but it can take a lot of beating.

I would go other way round, prefer traction up front, easy roller on the back

Appreciated. I am looking for something that has decent knobs for the front for cornering. I came off the bike pretty hard two weeks back when the front slid on a thin layer sand on compact soil.

Does anyone have an experience with the maxxis larsen?

I ride across the country with Larsen tt, not the best if you really want more traction