Hat-trick for Team NuWater CVT in the 2013 Coronation Double Century

Matt

We q

The Hot Chillee result is being investigated further. Their result was queried at the finish.

We (Moore Stephens) passed HC on the 170km mark with 9 riders strong.

HC were already down to 5 riders at this stage and were scattered on the road, no organisation.

One also has to consider Team Swift Carbon, Park Cycles and Bluff Meats who's positions are also being effected here!

You should of ridden faster.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@reglizard only 2 Bonitas guys rode with us....

@sworks20. Maybe you must get your facts together before posting. We, NUWater finsished with 4 guys, not only 2. We lost our only other rider at 160 km due to a puncture.

We q

The Hot Chillee result is being investigated further. Their result was queried at the finish.

We (Moore Stephens) passed HC on the 170km mark with 9 riders strong.

HC were already down to 5 riders at this stage and were scattered on the road, no organisation.

One also has to consider Team Swift Carbon, Park Cycles and Bluff Meats who's positions are also being effected here!

As CrashTestDummy has already stated - the result was queried, we went to the commissar's office and had to identify the six (6) riders that they had footage of crossing the line. Nicolas only received a chip on the startline, and so he wasn't picked up by the mats. There is a paper trail, and the commissars are more than happy with the result.

HotChillee had 4 other teams riding. I rode past one of our development teams (after succumbing to Ben Swift's power and dropping off the team) and it looked like a warzone - the team had imploded spectacularly - bodies all over the place. That's probably the team you saw.

In case you're in doubt - this is what HotChillee Racing looked like:

20131123_160114.jpg

Otherwise - nice sporting behaviour ;)

Edited by Velouria

well done dude... you have no idea how glad I am NOT to be a part of this years team.

you guys were amazing...

Thanks Fandacious.

Everyone thinks we bought that result by getting Ben to ride with us - us weekend warriors still had to keep up with him. I've still got a rubbish pair of legs and I went to all sorts of dark places, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The HotChillee Racing team are a fantastic bunch of guys - some current stars, some everyday riders, and some future stars - and everyone gave it their all.

Thanks Fandacious.

Everyone thinks we bought that result by getting Ben to ride with us - us weekend warriors still had to keep up with him. I've still got a rubbish pair of legs and I went to all sorts of dark places, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The HotChillee Racing team are a fantastic bunch of guys - some current stars, some everyday riders, and some future stars - and everyone gave it their all.

You can't buy a result with a single import in a race with over 3000 m of climbing. You dudes looked styling as you passed me on the way down to Montague, calm and in control. Rubbish legs, what nonsense, the last time you had rubbish legs was Lourensford in 2002 when I beat you.

What is it with this race? Every year we see accusations, sarcy comments, my tottie is bigger than yours statements and general wet pantiness.

I'm not trying to add to the silliness just really curious as to why this happens every year....

Is it just the nature of the beast (200km+ race with following vehicles and pro/amateur mix teams)?

What is it with this race? Every year we see accusations, sarcy comments, my tottie is bigger than yours statements and general wet pantiness.

I'm not trying to add to the silliness just really curious as to why this happens every year....

Is it just the nature of the beast (200km+ race with following vehicles and pro/amateur mix teams)?

Simple, IQ drop after 200 km of riding, means that some riders just dont have the grey matter to understand what is going on, with a chaotic finish area. They hear a little conspiracy theory and suddenly want to get all UCI on everyone

Eldron besides the moaning it is fantastic! Cannot recommend it highly enough, only change I want is get the support cars off the route and let teams use boxes.

Eldron besides the moaning it is fantastic! Cannot recommend it highly enough, only change I want is get the support cars off the route and let teams use boxes.

It is on my to do list.

Agreed on the support cars - that sounds like an accident waiting to happen. That and the CT winds. 10 riders in an echelon trying to overtake 10 riders in an echelon take up a lot of road - never mind the cars in between.

It sounds like the fastest riders start last. It doesn make for exciting racing and loads of overtaking but doesn't sound like a great idea in practice.

Ah well. I'll do it then see what all the post race moaning is about :-)

Thanks Fandacious.

100%

last year when hc rode with the downing brothers, it was more or less the same. There is no slacking off just because you have pros riding with you. In fact, its harder than anything you can ever imagine.

again - kudos dude...

I'm just dissappointed at the lack of TT hats

It is on my to do list.

Agreed on the support cars - that sounds like an accident waiting to happen. That and the CT winds. 10 riders in an echelon trying to overtake 10 riders in an echelon take up a lot of road - never mind the cars in between.

It sounds like the fastest riders start last. It doesn make for exciting racing and loads of overtaking but doesn't sound like a great idea in practice.

Ah well. I'll do it then see what all the post race moaning is about :-)

12 riders - TTT basically. Fastest guys start last. Its awesome.

I'm just dissappointed at the lack of TT hats

What are the rules on TT gear?

Anything stopping a bunch of Irongeeks in full TT gear having a go?

12 riders - TTT basically. Fastest guys start last. Its awesome.

Well done on your debut.

Somehow I think you'll drag your azzz to the Cape again in 2014...