Bike Build ... Who's the shizzle?

Izak

Hi Guys

My new frame arrived in SA on Friday eve and on it's way to me.

All the other parts except for the wheels are already at home... waiting.

I thought that I would like to build it myself but just seems like I'm not gonna have the time in the next few weeks.

Who would you recommend shop or private to do the build for me?

Pretoria / Centurion region.

Edited by Izak

Maybe you could give Torqzone Cycles in Doringkloof Mall a go....

I've heard that Tool-up Cycles in Grey Owl centre near Midstream is also not too shabby

Cool stuff, thanks guys. I am quite close to Doringkloof Mall. But if you guys say that tool up is the place to go then I will seriously consider them as well. Only about 10mins away.

I'd say... tool up (not the shop) and do it yourself!

It's really not that hard ;)

I have all the tools etc. just hat I will be away a lot over the next few weeks so don't want to wait that long to build it ;)

Do it yourself..........so much more rewarding, even if it does take a while

Edited by Eugene

If all the bearing are in the bike and you have all the right tools then it will only take max 1.5 hours to assemble the rest. (Hoping the cranks dont have play the 1st time around and you dont have to bleed brakes).........even better if you are going to run 1x10!

I cant wait for my fancy tools to arrive so I can rebuild 2 of my bikes again. :)

Build it up yourself, it's so rewarding. I've just built up a bike and it took me max of 8hrs, which included lacing the wheels, and dismantling a donor bike.

DIY and an evening, bike will be built. You only need to go to the LBS if you don't have a headset press and that will only take 5 minutes

You will then have the satisfaction of having built it yourself.