[Event] Barberton XCM MTB Challenge - NOT As Delicate As A Daisy!

Barberton XCM MTB

Event Name: Barberton XCM MTB Challenge - NOT As Delicate As A Daisy!
When: 25 January 2014
Where: Barberton High School, Barberton, Mpumalanga, Mpumulanga
Category: MTB

The BARBERTON XCM MTB Challenge is here to STAY!25 January 2014: Hosted by the Barberton Rotary Club The 18th annual Barberton XCM Mountain Bike Challenge is here to stay! January 25th promises to kick off the cycling 2014 calendar with a great new challenge for all cyclists. The “not so delicate” Barberton XCM Mountain Bike Challenge will be a rude awakening for those who committed to eating all the Festive Season treats rather than spending some time on the saddle. This exciting event has grown over the years in popularity resulting into one of the toughest Mountain Bike events in South Africa. The race is open to cyclists of all ages, shapes and sizes, unfit, fit and super fit! The race will consist out of four different categories:· Fun Ride of 20km· Half Marathon of 45km· Full Marathon of 75km and· Ultra Marathon of 120km All races will start and end at the Barberton High School sports fields. With a festival-like atmosphere, there is much for the fans and supporters to do whilst waiting for the cyclists to return from their thrilling adventure ride. This incredibly scenic trail takes you up the Makhonjwa Mountains with majestic views over the De Kaap Valley, through nature reserves, dams and very close to the Swaziland border. According to Nic Eksteen, President of the Barberton Rotary Club, this race is the perfect opportunity for cyclists to test their fitness and skill. Eksteen is very excited about the changes to the current routes which includes single tracks, guaranteed to make the race more exciting and challenging.The Barberton XCM Mountain Bike Challenge – Not as delicate as a daisy!

Go to Event Page

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see this is still on.

Barberton Ultra is one of the toughest!

MTB is RSA would be poorer without Barberton, just a pity it isn't more central.

Hi, no doubt about that!

There's a few additions and changes to the route.

Come on - it's not that far :thumbup:

Fantastic! Was bummed that it didn't feature in the national series for next year so this is great. A week is fine to get over attakwas. Itl have to be!

Giving the guys a go! We like it!

Thanks for the positive feedback - spread the news!