What roadbike around 40K

Jaco-fiets

What is your opinion on ultegra ui2 vs dura ace mechanical? The tarmac pro I am talking about is completely black with the electronic ultegra groupset. The fondriest looks pretty good as well. It is matt black and white with full dura ace (including wheels) and richy carbon handlebar and stem while the specialized has alloy specialized handlebar and stem

If I was spending big money on a bike, I would only want electronic... It's so freaking sweet... Yeah sure, there are pros and cons to both but I doubt you'll notice the weight difference between the group sets and replacement parts on the wear and tear stuff will be more economical with the ultegra too...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your opinion on ultegra ui2 vs dura ace mechanical? The tarmac pro I am talking about is completely black with the electronic ultegra groupset. The fondriest looks pretty good as well. It is matt black and white with full dura ace (including wheels) and richy carbon handlebar and stem while the specialized has alloy specialized handlebar and stem

Tbh i'd rather take the DA, (but of the 2 bikes mentioned I prefer the specialized due to its looks)

But the fondriest with FULL DA is actually awesome as well.

Try and test ride both in the parking lot you'll know instantly what you want.

Edited by Cav'

There is a choice? Thought Focus would be the natural option. At least it's not made in the far east....

Edited by JFC

There is a choice? Thought Focus would be the natural option. At least it's not made in the far east....

Tried to find a focus quote but could not............

Tried to find a focus quote but could not............

Emotion cycling is the importer now, but I think Bike Lane in Cape Town might have some good deals on 2012/2013 stock

When 1 buy now is it better to go 11sp? How long will 10 speed still be around?

A while still. Far as I can gather from Shimano, they wont be bringing in anymore full Ultegra or DA 10spd groupsets.

Only parts like chains and cassettes. 105 still available. A lot of bikes still come out with 10spd groupsets, so parts need to be available to maintain them.

You still get 7 and 8 speed Shimano mtb cassettes and chains ... so 10spd will probably be around for a while.

Hi Jaco,

Contact me on 0828827898, I have the perfect answer for you.

Cheers,

Brad

Regarding my question above or do you want to sell me your bike?

What mileage on groupset? Would he be willing to sell groupset and handlebar separately?

Round about 3000km, Bike was used for racing and a lot more training on the mtb.

Buy the frame and we will chuck in the groupset, wheels, bars and all the rest! ;)

Not splitting at the moment

On the Di2 Ultegra vs Mech DA. The Di2 is the way to go even over the electric DA version. Unless you have bought everything you want and would really like just to burn a bit of extra cash on the Di2 DA. ;)