Ghost warranty Advice?

mad bout mtb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for the input guys. Yes I get it, you all would settle for the black and that is fine. My colour scheme is light though, silver rims etc so the chainstay would still be visible even with a slap sock. Saying that it doesn't look bad and that I should just accept it is like a panelbeater saying that they are out of white paint and that they are going to spray your car part black. Would you be happy with that? Sure it would make a unique but are you going to be happy with it? Not really a first world problem.

Good point, it's your bike and you should be happy at the end of the day. Good for BBT to sort this out to keep your riding, but in the mean time, why can't they make a plan to get another one and get it sprayed. Yes, they have come to the party in sorting this out, but like cars, spare parts are usually kept neutral and then sprayed before being put onto a car, that will be any part.

As others have also pointed out, not sure what the T&C say about part replacement. With regard to the comment that the principles have said that things should be done this way, who is to say they are always right?

PS. I do like the look of the black over the green, for me it looks better.

I spoke to the guys at BBT and it has been sorted out. Thanks for everybody's input and opinions. This has been resolved. Just to be clear my intention for this thread wasn't to drag the name of Ghost or the guys at BBT through the mud, it was mearly to see if it was acceptable and what the options were. As the title states I was just asking advice.

I spoke to the guys at BBT and it has been sorted out.

Would you mind terribly in telling us how it was fixed? I just read the whole thread, and I'm curious.

Would you mind terribly in telling us how it was fixed? I just read the whole thread, and I'm curious.

As there really wasn't any other option, I had to settle for the black swing arm.

And that's the last Ghost you will ever buy - and now I know I will never buy one. Who knows how many other people will hear about this and come to the same decision.

Nice work, BBT.

Nolipoli, that means you will never own another bike. They all work like that.

Its not a good way to operate, but that is how the cycle industry works.

I know of 2 people, both buying big brands, who were supplied different frames when theirs were faulty.

Its easy for distributors to hide behind the small print. In my opinion if BBT had offered a black swing arm and the customer accepted it, great, win/win both ways, BUT into days world of super competitive markets what differentiates winners from losers is going the extra mile. If the customer really wanted a green swing arm have the thing sprayed for a few rand customer walks away raving about the brand and everyone loves BBT. Sorry BBT your failure to assist is a brand fail. All this negativity for a few ml of paint? I can comment on this because I had an issue with a similar level brand in the past, their service was outstanding, not in line with corporate BS but they did everything to rectify the problem in so far as the CEO personally brought me a frame back from the factory to match my original frame. I no longer ride that brand as I have moved up the bike food chain a bit, but my wife and son still do.