Which Road bike?

ricochet_rabbit

get him to pop over to CyclingExpress.com as they have some great deals.

this little beauty is going for about R36K (that's 44% off to you and me).

the tarmac & pina are both in that price range already.

the pina is full ultegra-6800 11 sdp with Fulcrum racing sport wheelset and it's $100 cheaper than that time beauty.

Edited by ricochet_rabbit

get him to pop over to CyclingExpress.com (aussie based) as they have some great deals.

this little beauty is going for about R36K (that's 44% off to you and me).

Make no mistake aussie roads are hectic. General public (usually tradies in utes) actually take enjoyment in harrassing riders and recent death tolls on the New South Wales doubled in the last 2 years and last month 5 riders were killed in Sydney Metro. If you're riding in aus' then get prepared for a good bit of verbal, driving throwing stuff and a good bit of swerving towards you to flick you into a the gravel.

hopefully the Victorian drivers are a little better

Edited by ricochet_rabbit

the tarmac & pina are both in that price range already.

the pina is full ultegra-6800 11 sdp with Fulcrum racing sport wheelset and it's $100 cheaper than that time beauty.

That's a pretty good range to play in. The Time is 11Sp as is the pinna and the tarmac is a great bike as well. Personally I'd go for the Time as it's such a exclusive bike, insane attention to detail, amazing after service, they still make everything out of the factory in France and people won't instantly think you bought a stickered cheapie out of china if you go with the Pina! Whatever he goes for he's going to be stoked... lucky man.

Tell him to buy a BAUM...finish&klaar

Jeez that would be a thing of beauty. A custom fitted steel bike is something else.

http://www.baumcycles.com/staging/images/cutsom-Gulf.jpg

Edited by hellocolour

Jeez that would be a thing of beauty. A custom fitted steel bike is something else.

http://www.baumcycles.com/staging/images/cutsom-Gulf.jpg

Nice indeed, but that cant be cheap

The frames start at about $2400 but postage to SA almost doubles it.

They are based in Australia and their service is brilliant.

The missus

Common sense doesnt exist in purchases like that. She can find out what it costs another day.

Nice.

Good to see that 1 state in aus' has adopted the 1m rule into law, Must have been watching SA!

Like hellocolour wrote:

There is a lot of heat between motorists and cyclists in Oz.

Media has been spilling over with various incidents and campaigns including the 'Classy Cycling' campaign.

CONGRATZ on the Spez!