FNB new title sponsor of Magalies Monster MTB Classic

Claudio

anybody know what the total ascent for this race is? - ok , website has it at 1750m....not too bad, are the climbs singletrack, jeep track, smooth, rocky ?

Edited by ricochet_rabbit

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody know what the total ascent for this race is? - ok , website has it at 1750m....not too bad, are the climbs singletrack, jeep track, smooth, rocky ?

biggest climb was about 550m and total of 1500m ±

Edited by Waynehans

rocks, sand, smooth, a little bit of jeep track in the beginning,

you got to be mentally prepared for this one, climbing the monster is tough, and then coming down the side of the mountain before breeds nice and rocky

good race overall.....this one hurt me

A tough one this. Lost my sense of humor towards the end. There was one last descent that was just silly. I caught up to the 40km riders and there was no way between them and the niggling cramps that i was going to ride down it, plus you could hear the sounds of the finish and just as you thought you were finished there was a last sting in the tail.

Fingers got cramps in them from holding onto the brakes going down some of the rocky sections. Almost lost the fillings in my teeth from all the rattling - and I ride a dual..

Just sneaked in on 5 hours. Did the 40k the year before and came 11th. The 2 distances don't compare

The monster is a tough climb, but not the worst, its just looooong. There was one climb towards the end that had a fine assed lady I was following uttering some choice words.

Rode Breedts Nek in December and stopped to appreciate the views and get a better feel of that part of the route.

Nice cold beer and vibes afterwards in the beer tent

Hint: Stay at Sparkling Waters for the weekend.

Edited by Honkdonk

A tough one this. Lost my sense of humor towards the end. There was one last descent that was just silly. I caught up to the 40km riders and there was no way between them and the niggling cramps that i was going to ride down it, plus you could hear the sounds of the finish and just as you thought you were finished there was a last sting in the tail.

I also hated the end. Lovely sounds of the finish line, but not to be, ride away from the finish just to make u mad!!!! LOL