JD Bug in Cape Town?

BrandonF_

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I started the helmut fight with my little boy. He was so excited to see his Strider, but had a melt down when I wouldn't let him ride without the helmut... I even tried to put mine on as an example, but it didn't help..

This is a little off topic, so I apologise, but I could use any advice that has worked for you guys?

• 2 weeks later...

Today I started the helmut fight with my little boy. He was so excited to see his Strider, but had a melt down when I wouldn't let him ride without the helmut... I even tried to put mine on as an example, but it didn't help..

This is a little off topic, so I apologise, but I could use any advice that has worked for you guys?

I had the same problem...see my avatar for the final result.

No helmet, no ride. Stick to the rule and eventually they will accept it.

We had loads of fights, tantrums etc, but not my son refused to ride unless he has his helmet.

Ya, that's pretty much my policy. Except it's meant that he isn't interested in riding anymore because of it... I'm not going to push though. He still gets excited to see me on the bike so slow persuasion for now....

Ya, that's pretty much my policy. Except it's meant that he isn't interested in riding anymore because of it... I'm not going to push though. He still gets excited to see me on the bike so slow persuasion for now....

No helmet, no ride: then you drag his butt out of the house, put his helmet on and make him ride. Did that to mine and they never looked back.

Sometimes we need to drop the whole new-age approach parenting and go back to the basics. You're not going to put him off, actually being summer its easier to get them to wear helmets when they are riding in the sun as it offers them protection against the glare and heat.