Killarney 20Feb08

THE BODY CENTRE

Referring to the comment Icycling on his EDGE

Cant wait till I get my new bike - hopefully before the ACT. On the current frame it is unlikely I will be able to get my 18th sub 3 hour ACT. That frame has similar performance qualities of my old DHC ( commonly call daddies homemade crap) in the mid eighties! I should have realised that the frame was no good when I noticed the large run in the paint. Those frames come from the same supplier as the old Victoria Titanium came from in the 90ties and enough of the Victoria's broke. The supplier still has no quality control - that became quite obvious when the sent me a 2nd frame (replacement) and the lugs for the rear break cables were never fitted.

What's the latest on the EDGE story? Are you still part of the deal or not?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...first & foremost, who is the young lady in the blue top astride the GT?? I think I just found a reason to relocate to the Cape!!! Omigosh!!

Secondly...Shortlegs I'd recognise that riding style anywhere bud!! Nice to see a familiar face in the threads!!

Secondly...Shortlegs I'd recognise that riding style anywhere bud!! Nice to see a familiar face in the threads!!

Hehe, not one of my better rides round Killarney I'll admit Dead. As soon as we started I seemed to be struggling in scratch and it just got progressively worseDead.

What made it worse was that every time I looked at AL, he seemed to be breathing through his nose with a typical poker face (i.e. no pain/min effort)Confused.

Eventually with about 10mins to go I managed to put myself into the wind and pull a classic Top Gun manoeuvre........ straight out the backLOL.

Hopefully the weekends racing goes a little better and next Wed I manage to ave less than 95% max HR for the hour Ouch

Oh yes, David Garrett (spelling Embarrassed)
ShortLegs2008-02-21 09:02:48

And so was Windbreaker! (nice meeting you' date=' sir!)

20080220_141016_IMG_3034.jpg
[/quote']Thanks Ronelle, it was good to meet you in person to. Glad to see that you have at least one shot of me without the usual bloodshot eyes!

You are welcome to download and post your own pics from there as I have doubtlessly not posted one of YOU!

Oh No.... these are about the cyclists not organisers!!!!!!!! don't even go there.

And so was Windbreaker! (nice meeting you' date=' sir!)

20080220_141016_IMG_3034.jpg
[/quote']Thanks Ronelle, it was good to meet you in person to. Glad to see that you have at least one shot of me without the usual bloodshot eyes!

Who is that CW Cycles dude behind Windbreaker?

Shaun Botha' date=' older brother of Wayne (Killarney King) Botha.

[/quote']

OK....think he must get the award(Killarney Summer Series) for the most aggro/swearing rider at Killarney!Confused

[/quote']

OK....think he must get the award(Killarney Summer Series) for the most aggro/swearing rider at Killarney!Confused

You sure? He is actually a lovely kid, very calm and collected. Maar Oom Botha is 'n ander storie...........He can get cross if you do anything to his boys.

[/quote']

You sure? He is actually a lovely kid, very calm and collected. Maar Oom Botha is 'n ander storie...........He can get cross if you do anything to his boys.

Yip....few weeks ago he rode with his dad tandem....was in break cought the scratch +1 bunch....going lekker then the tandem goes between us busy driving the break then they sit up...asked if they could just roll through so that we can keep momentum up. All of a sudden....no comment!Embarrassed

AuctionLamb2008-02-22 04:25:24

Hey Shortlegs! Nice to see you racing...I remember how it was near on impossible to get any slip behind you!!

Top Gun manouvre!!! Thats funny...I tried a couple of those in my life!!

Do I smell something? Is this badmouthing or what?

Give the guys at Edge a chance! The frames will be made in Taiwan (like most of the "genuine" carbon frames currently on the world market! I think it is such an exiting project, all the best to the Edge management! Another "six" for South African entrepeneuralship!!

Ok...first & foremost' date=' who is the young lady in the blue top astride the GT?? I think I just found a reason to relocate to the Cape!!! Omigosh!!

Secondly...Shortlegs I'd recognise that riding style anywhere bud!! Nice to see a familiar face in the threads!![/quote']

Thats Heike ViljoenWink