Large phones - where to keep?

paul_ct

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave at home unless u really need it. I had an S2 that went tits up after I had a fall on my mtb. Rather delicate phones unfortunately.

Rather get a cheap small phone which u can use for cycling.

Thats why i usually make sure her handbag is large enough when I go out with the GF.

Safest place for me is in her handbag. But its crappy to ask for your phone the whole time

Hi,

+1 Lone R. It is the way I do it as well. Have had a R100 Nokia "Game special" in my bag next to the spare tube for the last 2 years.

Have a good one

Sarge

Hi,

+1 Lone R. It is the way I do it as well. Have had a R100 Nokia "Game special" in my bag next to the spare tube for the last 2 years.

Have a good one

Sarge

BUT THEN HE CANT STRAVA!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT THEN HE CANT STRAVA!!!!!!!!!!!

I use my Bryton watch to record rides and save to Strava. Learnt my lesson after I broke my phone and lost all content (Contacts, photos, movies, etc).

You can buy this from Sportsman's Warehouse, or order direct from Hong Kong cheaper. I have one, and ordered an extra mount for my second bike directly from Hong Kong which duly arrived after 3 weeks by normal mail (2 weeks sitting in local PO).

It hasn't been drop tested yet, or dipped into a river, but the case seems sturdy enough and it's like wide screen TV with my S3 on the handlebars!

http://bikeconsole.com/detail.asp?catid=88187&Pdtid=689955

Or there's a soft waterproof bag called, I think, Pocloc. This is good for keeping phone in backpack safe from water if you fall into the river. It lets you take pictures without removing phone.

I have one of these as well.. got it from LBS for R100 which is quite expensive for a R20 plastic product, but because it's for cycling... well you know.

Using POCLOC you can still record your ride and take pics, with your phone relatively safe from moisture, sweat, mud, dust and a mild scrape if you keep it in your backpack. You just can't use it as an odo.

If you have a Samsung, you have the free two year glass breakage and moisture warranty anyway, so not too much to worry about taking your smartphone riding!

I used to keep my S2 either in my back shirt pocket, or in the top tube mounted bag, until last weekend when I fell on the side of the M4 and cracked the screen on my S2. I have not yet taken my Xperia Z1 for a ride. I think I am going to rather repair the S2 and use that phone for riding.

I pop my Note in by back pocket. Sometimes in a ziplock if weather necessitates it. No problems

Same with Note II. And insurance, so if I fall and there's damage, there's no need for tears.