Best 29er Wheelset For R6000

bikebum2.0

Who has got experience with the Novatec hubs/wheels?

I love the SUPERFAST engagement but it sounded so quiet while spinning in my hands.

Some say its a pain to service, is this true?

Nope. Novatec are a dream to service. They take normal sized bearings and make a lot of hubs for third party providers.

Very under rated.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has got experience with the Novatec hubs/wheels?

I love the SUPERFAST engagement but it sounded so quiet while spinning in my hands.

Some say its a pain to service, is this true?

I had 2 sets of wheels built on novatec hubs....... it was a real disappointment. I had to get rid of it soon. I do not service wheels....... but as a rider..... nah. Had to replace the bearings after 50km...... and the freehub body after 25km...... no thanks.

I have never had crap with Chris King hubs. I am apparently also the only person in the world that is happy with my DT Swiss 240 hubs. Recently started using a set of Ritchey rims. So far two stage races and no problem.

I have never had crap with Chris King hubs. I am apparently also the only person in the world that is happy with my DT Swiss 240 hubs. Recently started using a set of Ritchey rims. So far two stage races and no problem.

Yeah, I am also not hard on wheels.

I will get lambasted for this, but I think a lack or overestimation of skill is why riders wreck wheels.

240 s hubs are great, thats all I used at one stage till the local importer at the time ripped the ring out of the pricing.

I will never forget an advert where a meteor hit the earth, a guy coins in the hole and the only thing he came back with that survived was a DT hub.