[Event] Hex Valley Autumn Splendour MTB

Hexpas

Lekker race, I rode the 35.

Having the fast 55ers working their way past us on the downhill was interesting...

At one point I got the 'hold your line' from a guy trying to pass.

This instruction assumes that one has control over one's line.

I would have thought my swearing and praying would have tipped him off that this was not the case.

Sorry dude, I know I gave you a skrik, I didn't mean to. You just happened to be passing the wrong oke at the wrong time.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that was a bit hairy when the 2 groups met... my only issue with passing was actually before that when someone came tearing past me without letting me know he was there. rocky descent, wind in my face, no way was i going to know anyone was there and your hardly in a position to turn round a look! pissed me off a bit coz he shocked me.. doesn't hurt at all to shout left or right if your passing.

i generally found the shorter route guys quite quick and happy to get out of the way

Lekker race, I rode the 35.

Having the fast 55ers working their way past us on the downhill was interesting...

At one point I got the 'hold your line' from a guy trying to pass.

This instruction assumes that one has control over one's line.

I would have thought my swearing and praying would have tipped him off that this was not the case.

Sorry dude, I know I gave you a skrik, I didn't mean to. You just happened to be passing the wrong oke at the wrong time.

If it was a guy in blue, it might be me. But I got a monster scare myself when a fellow in light blue was going nicely down a straight gradual descent on the line, and then he just stopped for no reason at all. I did swear, but it was either either that or have to bathe my chamois for a good long time!

Must also say most of the short route guys were in pretty good humour - just don't clench those brakes so hard. It is a lot easier at at speed. :)

Edited by Thor Buttox

I hit it lucky, no problems at the merge, hardly encountered anyone and the 2 or 3 I did see were riding on the left and in good spirit just enjoying themselves. Even got 2 sub10 positions on the downhills in the land of Stravaria ;-)